The Union Sitting on Its Hands

El Correcto

god is dead
If I was going to call for a strike, it would be in retaliation of unpaid 9.5 grievances during this time if the company decides to take that route.

It would be a worthy cause and you could lump in retro “hero” pay to part time workers. a sizable portion of the public who sees us out till midnight every night would be thankful we continued to work while the country was in turmoil.

I just don’t think right now is the best time.

You
If I was going to call for a strike, it would be in retaliation of unpaid 9.5 grievances during this time if the company decides to take that route.

It would be a worthy cause and you could lump in retro “hero” pay to part time workers. a sizable portion of the public who sees us out till midnight every night would be thankful we continued to work while the country was in turmoil.

I just don’t think right now is the best time.

You’d be wrong.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
I think most strikes would be wrong.
I said IF.

And it is silly to compare of the 1900’s coal miners to UPS drivers in 2020.
Those men were basically fighting against slavery and all kinds of abuses, they weren’t just striking to get an extra buck, they were going to war.
Matewan

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
A good, united Union knows this is the time to demand pay increases.

How can the Union demand pay increases? They are bound by the same contract that the Company is.

The Union has UPS by the proverbial balls.

Really? We are mid contract.

Or don't you know what binding contractual language means?

A calling out sick strike is a great idea.

What is a call out sick strike?

If the Union wants to play hard ball. Now is the time.

Really?

We are under a legally binding contract. If the Union wants to change the terms of the contract before it's expiration, the Company has to be willing to renegotiate it.

The Union can demand a pay raise all it wants, but we will never get one.

A work stoppage would immediately effect the economy worldwide.

You think the Union can legally strike because UPS won't give us a non-negotiated pay raise?

You really are clueless

How can the Union demand pay increases? They are bound by the same contract that the Company is.

Really?

We are under a legally binding contract. If the Union wants to change the terms of the contract before it's expiration, the Company has to be willing to renegotiate it.

You think the Union can legally strike because UPS won't give us a non-negotiated pay raise?

You really are clueless

The union can legally strike at anytime. No one has said they can’t, meaning gov. The rest of your post is you being management. Vote no raises for drivers in the future!

Really?

You really are clueless
The Union just negotiated over Covid19, your post is full of inaccuracies.