The Union Sitting on Its Hands

bowhnterdon

I could be wrong, but I don’t see this Union getting tough with UPS, ever. Does not matter who is in Office. Dues from Brown are the only thing keeping this Union afloat. No one is going to go after the Golden Goose...

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
The union can legally strike at anytime.

The Union can't strike over just anything, like not getting a pay raise that was not negotiated in the contract.

What did you call it? A sick out strike?

Again, you are clueless.

The Union just negotiated over Covid19, your post is full of inaccuracies.

Only because the Company agreed to negotiate. And they only did this to appease the public's perception of them.

If the Company refused to negotiate over COVID-19, the Union could not strike over it.

The Company is not negotiating a pay raise, and they don't have to. And the Union cannot strike over it.

Again, you are clueless.

Does anyone know if Hoffa has forfeited his pay?

Why should he? Nobody at UPS is laid off. We are all still working.

The CEO's that forfeited their pay did so because most of their employees at their Companies were laid off and not working, a symbolic gesture.

If we're still getting paid, why shouldn't Hoffa?

If we were all laid off, I might agree with you, somewhat.

The Union can't strike over just anything, like not getting a pay raise that was not negotiated in the contract.

What did you call it? A sick out strike?

Again, you are clueless.

Only because the Company agreed to negotiate. And they only did this to appease the public's perception of them.

If the Company refused to negotiate over COVID-19, the Union could not strike over it.

The Company is not negotiating a pay raise, and they don't have to. And the Union cannot strike over it.

Again, you are clueless.

Why should he? Nobody at UPS is laid off. We are all still working.

The CEO's that forfeited their pay did so because most of their employees at their Companies were laid off and not working, a symbolic gesture.

If we're still getting paid, why shouldn't Hoffa?

If we were all laid off, I might agree with you, somewhat.

Workers can strike anytime! You mean UPS agreed to negotiate and the Union got us nothing? Another Union fail. Hoffa doesn’t work for UPS. You’re management.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Workers can strike anytime!

You are actually correct. Workers can strike at anytime...if they want to lose their jobs.

Here, let me help you out.

The Right to Strike | National Labor Relations Board

You mean UPS agreed to negotiate and the Union got us nothing?

The Union got us 10 paid days if we need to quarantine. UPS would not have given us this out of the goodness of their hearts.

Hoffa doesn’t work for UPS.

No, but the majority of the companies that Hoffa represents are still working and drawing a paycheck. So why should he give up his? That's similar to asking the CEO of UPS to give up his salary. Why?

You’re management.

I see countless people like you here that are all the same. If you get called out, and proved that you are wrong, or if someone else doesn't agree with your opinion, your response is always, "you're management."

Grow up and grow a pair.

rod

Retired 22 years
When coal miners striked during winter they had America by the balls to. Turns out America didn’t appreciate coal shortages during the winter and the union lost public sympathy for their strike.

Do you really think a lot of unemployed people not able to leave their homes are going to have sympathy for people out there making $10,000+ a month walking off the job that provides people with their medications, ppe and everything else? Americans have shunned unions for less.
When word got out how much a full time driver makes (and is soon to get another raise) I doubt their would be much sympathy for a strike now. Then again you either strike or don't strike and say the hell with what the public thinks.

rod

Retired 22 years
Sure seems to be a lot of tough talk here lately. I would imagine most of it is by members who voted yes on the last contract (or didn't vote at all).

El Correcto

god is dead
When word got out how much a full time driver makes (and is soon to get another raise) I doubt their would be much sympathy for a strike now. Then again you either strike or don't strike and say the hell with what the public thinks.
People were striking in the Great Depression rod.

rod

Retired 22 years
People were striking in the Great Depression rod.
I didn't say not to strike. I said you wouldn't get much public sympathy. Striking can be a Great tool in labor negotiations. Just don't think the public will always be on your side. In the Depression people freezing to death had no sympathy for striking coal miners. We were lucky in the fact that most people either were on our side or plain just didn't give a rats butt if we were on strike the 2 times I went through it. Times are different now--(you guys tell me that all the time.) :-)