The Value of a Good Shop Steward

quad decade guy

you still couldn't manage yourself....or others.

Your union doesn't want us on the car cause you might have the big C...so no training, oh well.
Ok. What about before the "Big C"? And what "training are you talking about? Somehow how to make whatever right turn only nav pkg flavor of the month program work?

I have been told by mgt. for 40 years that "WE(mgt) make all the decisions and you are to follow any direction given....period".

You are too scared to let us make decisions.....might make you look foolish. Don't want that......

So, don't hurt yourself patting yourself on the back....

Most of you guys got promoted because you were the biggest kiss butt couldn't hack it drivers.....and some of the biggest jerks that I have ever met....and that is saying a lot. Real chicken poops. Willing to sell your grandmother for a good W O R.

There are exceptions.....far and few between.

I never got promoted because I wouldn't last 30 seconds before calling horse poop from above. I am just too honest. And as I'm attacked for my personality........see above who gets promoted.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

What'dyabringmetoday???

Mmm.... Ok.

What corruption is that ?

The continual rambling about how much you hate the Union ?

You don't like your Local. Think they are all fat slobs. I think everyone, get's it.

Complaining like a bitter divorced wife.... won't change things.

Do something.

-Bug-
You know exactly what I mean tough guy. And I definitely enjoy getting you worked up. Lol. Keep up the good work Big UPS Man.

What'dyabringmetoday???

Mmm.... Ok.

What corruption is that ?

The continual rambling about how much you hate the Union ?

You don't like your Local. Think they are all fat slobs. I think everyone, get's it.

Complaining like a bitter divorced wife.... won't change things.

Do something.

-Bug-
They definitely are big fellas. The local restaurants get nervous when they waddle in. Lol.

ski or die

Ski or Die
To be a steward for the Teamsters, I feel like to do that job correctly and fight for your fellow worker is an honorable lot in life. Not all stewards see it that way, I’m sure, but I’d be damn proud of it.
When I was elected steward, one of the main reasons was I was tired of the way management violated human rights and intimated the employees. The enforcement of the contract was important but the way the harassed employees was not right. There was times while in the office they would actually make the employee cry so I would stop the meeting and go outside to calm employee down then jump on management as soon as we returned. Our previous steward would just sit in the office and not say one word to defend the employee. It was not right to treat a person let alone employee like that.

What'dyabringmetoday???

When I was elected steward, one of the main reasons was I was tired of the way management violated human rights and intimated the employees. The enforcement of the contract was important but the way the harassed employees was not right. There was times while in the office they would actually make the employee cry so I would stop the meeting and go outside to calm employee down then jump on management as soon as we returned. Our previous steward would just sit in the office and not say one word to defend the employee. It was not right to treat a person let alone employee like that.
UPS does what it wants.

ski or die

Ski or Die
Most of you guys got promoted because you were the biggest kiss butt couldn't hack it drivers.....and some of the biggest jerks that I have ever met....and that is saying a lot. Real chicken poops.
During my time with the company, I noticed several employees that took the jump. And it seemed to me it was managements way of weeding out senior employees and employees that did not meet their standards. Once in management, they would harass them mercifully until they could not take it anymore and then they would leave the company. That was the easy way management would get rid of the employees that did not want and not have to deal with the union getting their jobs back. I remember telling a manager once, "you know I have seen a lot of management come and go, but I'm still here. How long do you intend to still be here."

ski or die

Ski or Die
UPS does what it wants.
Not always. One time while in the office, the manager and supervisor was letting their temper get the best of them. The supervisor decided he would fire the employee on the spot. So the employee grab their personal items and headed for the front gate. The manager told me to go get the employee and bring her back. I told her "I didn't fire her and I guarantee I will get her job back with pay." So the manager knew this wasn't going well so the manager called guard shack to stop her from leaving. Brought her back in and put her back to work. Manager had meeting with supervisor and he left employee alone after that.

What'dyabringmetoday???

Not always. One time while in the office, the manager and supervisor was letting their temper get the best of them. The supervisor decided he would fire the employee on the spot. So the employee grab their personal items and headed for the front gate. The manager told me to go get the employee and bring her back. I told her "I didn't fire her and I guarantee I will get her job back with pay." So the manager knew this wasn't going well so the manager called guard shack to stop her from leaving. Brought her back in and put her back to work. Manager had meeting with supervisor and he left employee alone after that.
UPS does as it pleases.