The Value of a Good Shop Steward

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
That too, but 4 drivers transferring to a new center at the same time is generally the result of work getting moved around.
We had a ton of movement in January to comply with 22.4 percentage. More moves than I’ve ever seen.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
We had a ton of movement in January to comply with 22.4 percentage. More moves than I’ve ever seen.

One time we had a group of 20 or so drivers transfer to our center from another building, it was an older building and they were all high seniority. All our top drivers all got bumped down 5-10 spots on the center seniority list and quite a few got bumped off their routes. Our #1 guy had a cake country route where he got done by 1500 most days, he got bumped off that the very next bid. I was still a cover driver at the time so it didn't matter much to me, but there were some folks who were pretty bitter about it.

What'dyabringmetoday???

That first part is debatable.

Though with that said, yes UPS does what it wants but that in no way means they get away with it. It might not be the immediate swift or devastating punishment you want but they do pay/suffer for it.

You're obviously upset with your local and we can't help that but in no way does your experience sum up the teamsters as a whole.
Suffer- lol.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Yes. But no routes came with them, just them.
I'm just having a hard time envisioning a center manager convincing his bosses to transfer 4 drivers from one building to another just because the drivers are his friends. It's a big company though, and I'll be the first to admit I haven't seen everything.

542thruNthru

I'm just having a hard time envisioning a center manager convincing his bosses to transfer 4 drivers from one building to another just because the drivers are his friends. It's a big company though, and I'll be the first to admit I haven't seen everything.
Or convincing the other center manager to give up 4 driver's.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
I would argue that you know anything in its self is a stretch!

BOOM! :)
DA549A1B-234F-4D2D-9630-01A614EA95FB.gif