The Vietnam war

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I'll watch the whole thing at some point, I've seen 6(?) of his documentaries so far and they've all been phenomenal.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
i'm withholding final judgement until i see how it covers vietnamization, but so far the first episode was good

domino theory could have been covered a little better; without explaining the world events that led to the theory it can sound a little paranoid on its own which throws off a big explanation of the prevailing mentality

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Cousin Pat.jpg

My cousin Pat (wounded soldier) did 2 tours .Other family members and friends served over there. We watched it on the news every night. Another cousin and friend died I firmly believe from exposure to agent orange after the war with the government bearing no responsibility.
I think Ken Burns does a credible job explaining the time, the people and most of all the political policies and actions that shaped our involvement. So many lives lost for what?

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
media changed the outcome of this war, viet cong didnt have a lot of soliders left, if we survived the tet offensive it would of been over

Jkloc420

Tet was a military defeat but political victory for North Vietnam.
correct, but the point is we lost a lot of soliders but they lost a lot more. The tet offensive was the last hoorah for the viet cong, The viet cong didnt have much left, if we stayed i think we win it

Jkloc420

i'm withholding final judgement until i see how it covers vietnamization, but so far the first episode was good

domino theory could have been covered a little better; without explaining the world events that led to the theory it can sound a little paranoid on its own which throws off a big explanation of the prevailing mentality
one objective of the communist was to sway public opinion of the war through the media

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Yes and who can forget the lovely Hanoi Jane. I believe she has just showed up lately with some more of her political comments. Hollywood limousine leftist.