There's a joker in every deck

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
i hate it when people tell me how lucky i am to have a union job and all the vaca we get and paid holidays, etc.

i tell them "ya, some of it is luck but not too many people can actually do this job."

most of the time the person agrees.

bddaddy

My stock answer for "what is it?" - I pretend to look at the label and say "Victoria Secret". At least it gives me a chuckle as I walk away

Coldworld

60 months and counting
You guys ever get the random apartment person who is going out to get the mail and walks over to you to see if you have anything for them even though they know Damn well they didn't order anything...lol

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
"Where's the regular driver, on vacation again?" Yeah you need 7 weeks off from this gig after 25 years... just pisses me off
Of all the stupid thing the customers ask, I would have to say that is the one that really gets me aggravated.

"Where's Bob today?"
  1. How the hell do I know, I'm working and he's not
  2. It's none of your damn business
  3. Yes I know I'm not Bob so what makes you think I'm going to kiss your ass and put all your crap all the way in the back
  4. No I'm not new
  5. and No I'm not the new driver for the route
  6. You're not Bob, really? what gave it away my age or striking good looks

BrownArmy

Lady cuts me off at an intersection, angles her car in front of my truck, blocking me off like she's the cops.

Do you have a package for 'Smith'?

Umm, which address?

'Smith'?

What's the address?

'SMITH'!

Yes ma'am, all the packages on the truck are organized by last name, which 'Smith' are you?

Billy Ray

God, help us all.....
i hate it when people tell me how lucky i am to have a union job and all the vaca we get and paid holidays, etc.

i tell them "ya, some of it is luck but not too many people can actually do this job."

most of the time the person agrees.

I tell them about the twelve and a half years of part time work on the front end........ and ask if they want an application. They never do.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Trust me, unless you have a specific project around your house that you would like to do, you will be ready to go back after the second week.
I've take July off for the last couple of years and have thoroughly enjoyed my "practice retirement." The only drawback is the length of time between remaining vacation weeks.

S

selfcancelsignal

You guys ever get the random apartment person who is going out to get the mail and walks over to you to see if you have anything for them even though they know Damn well they didn't order anything...lol
Usually older folks. I'm always thinking doesn't everybody have my choice notifications now?! Get with the times, folks!

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
You younger guys seem to get frustrated to easily ,, I know we hear the same stuff from everybody out there,, just smile and let it roll off of yah!
Hiw would yah feel if your mothers UPS guy gave her a smart Alec answer ??
This just goes with the job !!
Jmo

wayfair

swollen member
I was on vacation one week a few years back and a customer asked the cover guy where I was...

he told 'em, "Oh, he's in rehab"

FilingBluesFL

Of all the stupid thing the customers ask, I would have to say that is the one that really gets me aggravated.

"Where's Bob today?"
  1. How the hell do I know, I'm working and he's not
  2. It's none of your damn business
  3. Yes I know I'm not Bob so what makes you think I'm going to kiss your ass and put all your crap all the way in the back
  4. No I'm not new
  5. and No I'm not the new driver for the route
  6. You're not Bob, really? what gave it away my age or striking good looks

I think you have this permanently in a notepad file, ready to copy and paste it in threads like these lol

FilingBluesFL

They're not as bad as the elderly trailer park people, that have nothing better to do than to harass you about a package you're delivering to their neighbor, but they have to know EVERYTHING about it, including asking at least 5 times that you're at the right place.