They want yer feeder jobs!!!

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I don't know if 2018 is realistic but there will be some self driving cars for sale by 2020 is my guess.

Probably, but in very limited numbers and useful in very limited situations.

I think I read that the autonomous mode for a Tesla S is something like a $10k software upgrade. That kinda limits it's acceptance for now.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Told the wife two days ago it was time to start shopping.

$100 a month that's what I'm willing to spend.
I found your car. Only $100 a month. And clean too.
image.jpeg

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
I've found a few.

Got my eye out for Mazda 3's maybe Subaru Legacy or a Jetta?

Mazda's are nice. I don't really know about reliability since I traded my 1988 B-2200. I only traded it due to rust.

Jetta? Run away quickly. They have all kinds of electrical problems.

Suck it up and get a Forester. AWD, lots of room to haul crap and they'll run forever. Just stay away from 2011-2014's. And make sure you replace the timing belt on earlier years.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Mazda's are nice. I don't really know about reliability since I traded my 1988 B-2200. I only traded it due to rust.

Jetta? Run away quickly. They have all kinds of electrical problems.

Suck it up and get a Forester. AWD, lots of room to haul crap and they'll run forever. Just stay away from 2011-2014's. And make sure you replace the timing belt on earlier years.
Our mazda 6 hasn't had any serious issues. Over 210k. I'm familiar with the engine too is why I'm looking.

Now that I'm looking I'm finding lots of civics in my price range.

rod

Retired 22 years
Lol @ all these people thinking for some reason having a driver behind the wheel is safer

Self driving cars are already drastically safer, and we are in the early phases so it will only get safer.

I think I read that those Google Earth robot cars have logged about a million and a half miles and they have only had 5 minor accidents. Google says only one was its cars fault. That brings up a good point. Who is UPS going to blame if the truck don't have a driver? It's ALWAYS the drivers fault.

El Correcto

god is dead
I think I read that those Google Earth robot cars have logged about a million and a half miles and they have only had 5 minor accidents. Google says only one was its cars fault. That brings up a good point. Who is UPS going to blame if the truck don't have a driver? It's ALWAYS the drivers fault.
The people who work on the cars.