Things customers should know

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
OCA's -residential ones don't put a closing time, that's doesn't make any sense. DR'S-please stop requesting that I walk that rug or giant dresser to the back door, I'm going to override that request to front door. Wine/alcohol- either start going to the store, remember the store or try and be home, we deal with over 10 different winerys or vendors since ga relaxed some of their restrictions. Get in the car and find me that day. PICKUPS- remember I'm there only once, ups can't really tinker with that except they tried to with pickup compliance times didn't work the 15 minute window. Although I do have another new one that wasn't verbally said but just prompted me in the board, surprise! DOGS- when your walking the dog pull him way over Ive almost hit several as they jump towards the truck. Don't let grandma walk them especially. Don't let them out or let the kid open the door.

upssouth

Small letter on a dolley..wow heavy load. Still not funny

That TV is for me. Still not funny

I can see you through the eye hole.

I heard your diesel truck coming. Actually it's unleaded

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

In defense of the customer, a lot of these on-call pickups are issued by the receiver, not the customer you are picking it up from. That being said, it pisses me off to no end when it happens. Total waste of my time.

Ford is one of the biggest offenders----I get an OCA for our local Ford dealer at least twice a week---they already have a daily pickup---I accept and then cancel the OCA.

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
Ford is one of the biggest offenders----I get an OCA for our local Ford dealer at least twice a week---they already have a daily pickup---I accept and then cancel the OCA.
Yes, that sounds very typical especially cause it's always someone that doesn't know they have an account with us. Nerve racking.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
I am sorry that you did not have your 2 certified fund CODS ready when I was there. And NO having the center send me a message to call you so you can meet me on route to get them will not work. If you needed so badly you would been better prepared.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

No I can't except that FedEx pkg for you said the guy standing in front of you with a brown uniform and truck.

Depending upon the customer, I will sometimes take their FedEx package and either drop it in the nearest drop box, give it to the first Express driver that I see or drop it at MBE. They appreciate the gesture.

gman042

Been around the block a few times
Depending upon the customer, I will sometimes take their FedEx package and either drop it in the nearest drop box, give it to the first Express driver that I see or drop it at MBE. They appreciate the gesture.

HA! I did that just the other day. Stopped at a rural veterinarian and the secretary( she is way hot) asks me if I had seen Fedex around. I told her no.
She had scheduled an express pickup but they had never shown
I offered to take and drop it at a shipping counter in the next town.
When I got there they had already picked up. I swearing bullets by them wondering how to a explain to said hot secretary and what to do with express letter.
As it worked out got number of express driver and she met me halfway. Tragedy averted

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
In similar light to the Fedex package thing, I wish they would notice the extra "S" in USPS. "Can you take this one? Look, it says UPS."

rod

Retired 22 years
For some reason a few people in the little town I delivered to for 25 years couldn't tell the difference between one of my letter boxes and a Post Office mail box. Every day there would be regular mail mixed in with my NDA letters. Thankfully there was a FedEx box a few feet down the sidewalk so I could transfer all that mail to it.