Things that make you question humanity

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Delivered medicine to this woman who promptly asked me if I kept this package between 50 and 75 degrees because it was very sensitive.
Considering it was January, I had no idea what to say to her.

STFXG

one guy in our station has a route that everyone is afraid of, it's beyond rural I mean like sometimes doing 4 stops an hour because your driving 10-15 minutes between stops because the roads out there are just so long.

Also as I'm sure everyone is aware we can now scan fedex ground barcodes with our power pads thanks to that new update, to bad I'll still be leaving mine sit in the drop box

Why wouldn't anyone want that? So easy. Just kick back with the radio and cruise all day long! Gravy!

Purplepackage

Why wouldn't anyone want that? So easy. Just kick back with the radio and cruise all day long! Gravy!

Well he regularly leaves with 50-70 p2 so it keeps him running if that's even possible out there. Our best swing has trouble getting 40 stops done out there it's a tough area

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Well he regularly leaves with 50-70 p2 so it keeps him running if that's even possible out there. Our best swing has trouble getting 40 stops done out there it's a tough area

Sounds like the regular driver has exceptional area knowledge and knows where to leave a lot of the packages in town rather than running them out to the house, which saves a lot of time and miles.

dezguy

I used to have a route like that. Great in the spring, summer, fall. Not so great in the winter. Personally, I'd rather work my ass off in town and and not have to deal with drifting snow, whiteouts and closed roads.

Purplepackage

Sounds like the regular driver has exceptional area knowledge and knows where to leave a lot of the packages in town rather than running them out to the house, which saves a lot of time and miles.

He does the problem will be filling that route when he retires in a year or so, that will go up for bid and there will be crickets

Purplepackage

How would that work? Here they would force the lowest FT seniority driver without a bid run to take it.

The route goes up and anyone can bid full time or part time doesn't matter, it comes down to a point system which is seniority basically. But thing at my station no full time guy will bid on that route because they all have been on there routes for at least 5 years and the swings like being swings. Leaving 2 part timers (of course my station is exceptionally small compared to most we only have about 30 routes)

R

RuralRoute

Not to mention being on those little bitty country roads and having a huge grain truck fly past you and wondering how your mirrors didn't catch each other.
Or on a windy day, and driving past a clearing in the trees where a gust throws that Sprinter around like an aluminum can.

Purplepackage

Not to mention being on those little bitty country roads and having a huge grain truck fly past you and wondering how your mirrors didn't catch each other.
Or on a windy day, and driving past a clearing in the trees where a gust throws that Sprinter around like an aluminum can.

This particular guy drives a gmc van, for the reason being exactly what you said, small country roads and they are a lot more comfortable than sprinters for doing miles like that

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
A misplaced envelope is what makes you question humanity? By your title, I thought you were going to say something to the effect that the global economic system is based on the exploitation of human beings.

I had a sociology professor who used to say that kind of silliness. One of the class wiseacres noted his nice car and his nice house in a very nice area of town and asked, "So does that make you the exploited or the exploiter?" Good times!

Dex01

Banned
I had a sociology professor who used to say that kind of silliness. One of the class wiseacres noted his nice car and his nice house in a very nice area of town and asked, "So does that make you the exploited or the exploiter?" Good times!

How did the professor reply?

Dex01

Banned
Exploited. The wiseacre promptly offered to trade places with him, everyone laughed, and the professor it and went back into his lecture.

Let me guess, community college? The mere fact that the professor was blithely benefiting from exploitation does not refute the existence of an exploitative system.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Do you know the difference between confidence and anger?

Do you know the difference between shill and operative? Or how about butt-kisser or brown-noser? You make me question humanity. I'm confident that you're an angry shill because we always put you in your place...easily. Go tell Thunder you need some help.