Thinking about quitting (ASAP)

you aint even know it

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Hell most centers have extendos that go into the trailer. All you do is drop half the packages

I would say unload is one of the easiest jobs there is.

I'll tell you what. Start unloading trailers and see how long you'll last at UPS. It's twice as hard as driving between two lines and dropping and picking up packages.

You've Got Mail

Driving is not that easy when you're surrounded by texters among others who genuinely don't deserve their licenses. You got people trying to drive through the back of your car, people cutting you off with inches to spare, people yelling at you asking about their packages or cussing you out for no reason.

Working in the warehouse, you don't deal with the public, and that is a very underrated quality.

J

jibbs

[Working inside] is not that easy when you're surrounded by idiots among others who genuinely don't [deserve to be employed.] You got people trying [to throw smalls in the backs of your trucks as you're walking out of them; people standing still on the belt for no reason, making it impossible to get ahead of your work]; people yelling at you asking about [your trucks/progress] or cussing you out for no reason, [simply because you're the closest person to kirk off on.]

Ups and downs all-around.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
That was when. In 1970's when they had light little boxes and like 3 guys unloading one trailer, please.
2003. I know you were in diapers then but it's cool.

I also double shifted for layoff as recently as 2009.

I honestly hope you don't get to drive for another 10 years or so because you have lots of growing up to do.

jrh

Not at my hub. Or not at my section in my hub. No one asks for help when lifting the heavier packages. I'm not going to be the only one asking for help. And, if I mess up my back or something, then it's not my fault that there was a traditional way of doing irregs, which was by yourself. I get what you're saying, but like I said: I'm not going to be the only one.

it's your body man, just remember what you're getting paid is what I mean. I weigh my hourly wage against the price of my body

Babagounj

Strength through joy
What a bunch of crybabies .
I have done ever job that UPS has to offer , inside & outside .
Many times for years on end .
I've worked on the midnight , the twi , preload , on car , and drove . Many times I had to load & unload the PC or 24 foot van by myself .
I had to record everything on paper , each and every tracking number , it was murder on bulk stops . And then call a 800 number and repeat the #'s to them .
Working inside in the winter , if you wanted to stay warm you had to rub up against another body , heat was a joke .
Sweated my backside off in the summer , even with every door nearby open .
To this day , I still think about quitting every time I'm there .
I'm currently working on my 39th year at UPS and I'm still to young to retire .