Thinking about quitting (ASAP)

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
what would you say is the hardest part of being a preloader? I should've started in preload but i decided to go with trailers. i didn't realize preload gets more hours
Yes we get more hours. Not hard....repetitious. Your muscles gets used to it after a while...they won't be sore anymore. But the years of lifting and walking up steps while carrying slowly breaks down your joints. And I suppose if you're not used to the hours...that'll take some getting used to.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
lmao at all the replies. This job was just a temporary job until i went back to college. i had no intentions of ever staying here long term. but i had three recommendations for the job so i didn't want to leave on a bad note.

i payed for my own :censored2:ty little car, pay all the payments for my car and i also pay for my entire college tuition myself (no loans, grants, scholarships). no money from mommy, so no warm plate of cookies from her either *tear* *tear*

also i have already had shoulder and knee surgery and suffer from arthritis and fibromyalgia. so you can quit thinking im a little puss who couldnt handle the work ^^ i just dont want to :censored2: myself even more then i already have.

And just because i am thinking of quitting after only 3 months does not mean im part of this "worthless generation"

Great story, thanks for sharing.

92luna

Hello UPSers,
Ive been an Ups for about 2 months now working as a unloader. I already got use to the slave work, but i havent gotten use to the shi*** paychecks. Going in at 4am and getting cut before 7:30 or 8 just doesnt seem worth getting $110. My previous job in retail paid less hourly, but paychecks were ALOT better than what they are now. I kept the retail job just as a backup but only working weekends. I know if I do quit Ups, I will get my hours back at my other job and dont have the worry about money. My main concern is what are the consequences for quitting since when I was hired they had told me they ask for a one year commitment. I know they wont re-hire me (not a problem) but will it affect me when other jobs see that I quit such a big company?

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
Hello UPSers,
Ive been an Ups for about 2 months now working as a unloader. I already got use to the slave work, but i havent gotten use to the shi*** paychecks. Going in at 4am and getting cut before 7:30 or 8 just doesnt seem worth getting $110. My previous job in retail paid less hourly, but paychecks were ALOT better than what they are now. I kept the retail job just as a backup but only working weekends. I know if I do quit Ups, I will get my hours back at my other job and dont have the worry about money. My main concern is what are the consequences for quitting since when I was hired they had told me they ask for a one year commitment. I know they wont re-hire me (not a problem) but will it affect me when other jobs see that I quit such a big company?
Wow! You are going to get ripped so hard by BCers .... 3,2,1....

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Hello UPSers,
If I got a $110 paycheck for coming to this place at 4 am and dealing with these a hole ups supervisors ..........well I can't think of anything nice to say so I won't say anything.

DriverMD

I dealt with the :censored2:ty hours, getting sent home almost every other day, poor pay, etc while i went to college full time. I stuck with it and didn't complain. Now my paychecks are nice and fat. You gotta start somewhere, and somewhere is always at the bottom.

PT Car Washer

There are no consequences for quitting a minimum wage job with no benefits. Even employees that have been terminated for theft, UPS can not disclose that information. UPS can only confirm your hire and leaving dates. One year commitment. Yeah right. Take me to court. Force me to come back to fulfill that commitment.