Thinking about quitting (ASAP)

92luna

I dealt with the :censored2:ty hours, getting sent home almost every other day, poor pay, etc while i went to college full time. I stuck with it and didn't complain. Now my paychecks are nice and fat. You gotta start somewhere, and somewhere is always at the bottom.
I agree with that. But if I can get a better pay for doing an easier job, while finishing school.... why not?

YellowSox

What? I have never heard of UPS piss testing because of a work injury...either in the building or drivers injured while out delivering. I was never drug tested...and neither was anyone else I know. Only drug testing I know of is random testing in feeders, package drivers after a serious PC accident, or if management has reasonable suspicion that you're under the influence on the clock.
Someone that did drugs in my center got injured and filed for worker's comp. They drug tested him and he was denied the wc.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Someone that did drugs in my center got injured and filed for worker's comp. They drug tested him and he was denied the wc.
Then managment had reasonable suspicion to believe that he was under the influence at the time the injury occurred. I've filed 3 injury reports over the years and never have been drug tested.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
Hello UPSers,
Ive been an Ups for about 2 months now working as a unloader. I already got use to the slave work, but i havent gotten use to the shi*** paychecks. Going in at 4am and getting cut before 7:30 or 8 just doesnt seem worth getting $110. My previous job in retail paid less hourly, but paychecks were ALOT better than what they are now. I kept the retail job just as a backup but only working weekends. I know if I do quit Ups, I will get my hours back at my other job and dont have the worry about money. My main concern is what are the consequences for quitting since when I was hired they had told me they ask for a one year commitment. I know they wont re-hire me (not a problem) but will it affect me when other jobs see that I quit such a big company?

You mean the CEO job was taken?

ups1990

What did HR tell you on your hire date?
You knew what you were getting into. I don't think they said you were going to make over $30.00 an hour and drive a nice car. FT drivers make a lot of coin but every single one of them had to wait their turn. Give it the full year and then reassess your situation.