This is sad.........

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
What's sad about this? I will say sometimes its hard to remember if u get a tickets just a few weeks after the form is filled out. I will counter with its part of our job.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
We complain all the time that they treat us like little kids and hover over us all the time. Well this is something that's completely in our court and totally under our control. Yet u say just let it slide if we screw up. What's the point of filling it out if its not taken seriously.

Johney

Unless you're getting tickets every month or so how in the hell can you not remember what tickets you've gotten. Come on people! I can remember my last ticket like it was yesterday and it was 10 years ago.

BrownArmy

I remember every single ticket (parking tickets aside) that I've ever gotten.

It's a condition of employment to fill out the form.

What's the problem?

Johney

On the discussion of tickets. I heard a rumor that one of our drivers got a ticket for an expired insurance card and they are making him pay for it. I know the ticket is real.He was told it was part of his pretrip to check it. I've never heard of such a thing on a pretrip about checking the date on the insurance card.

Leftinbuilding

On the discussion of tickets. I heard a rumor that one of our drivers got a ticket for an expired insurance card and they are making him pay for it. I know the ticket is real.He was told it was part of his pretrip to check it. I've never heard of such a thing on a pretrip about checking the date on the insurance card.

Yep...accident report, registration, insurance proof.....all part of pre-trip.

'Lord Brown's bidding'

It is Johney. We also are supposed to make sure the inspection is up to date (there is a sticker on the DVIR with the month of the inspection from the previous year punched out), as well as make sure the registration is up to date.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It is Johney. We also are supposed to make sure the inspection is up to date (there is a sticker on the DVIR with the month of the inspection from the previous year punched out), as well as make sure the registration is up to date.

I think you are confusing the PMI with the state inspection sticker.

'Lord Brown's bidding'

I would just go to the garage and get an up-to-date one on my way out of the building; takes all of a minute. However, I believe that is all part of safety, not to mention legality, so it's a no-brainer that one could refuse to comply (these let others know my vehicle is road-worthy). However, I think a supe or mgr would just tell you to stop by the shop to get a new copy.

'Lord Brown's bidding'

PMI? I know the sticker refers to an annual inspection of some sort, but not sure which. I do know the cars have the other inspection sticker on the license plate (and we have to check those, too).

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

PMI? I know the sticker refers to an annual inspection of some sort, but not sure which. I do know the cars have the other inspection sticker on the license plate (and we have to check those, too).

The white sticker on the inside of the cab is for the PMI (Preventive Maintenance Inspection) while the state sticker is either on the license plate or windshield. When you go through a DOT checkpoint they do check for the state sticker but I don't believe they care about the PMI sticker.