This morning video of failure

It will be fine

Ground guy doing 200 stops with sigs???? Hmmmm. I would like to see that with my own eyes.

:)
It's both HD and Ground same town a burb just outside city limits. Very tight, lots of pickup stops that are 0s. 6 days of operation he generated close to $4k in revenue for the week not counting the surge stop money.

bacha29

If IBWF is doing what he says he's doing then he's giving his guys nearly everythig the route makes. Could that 2200 he talks about could be bi-weekly?Even if it is weekly by the time the guy buys his own heathcare and funds his own pension he's not doing so great but his income will probaly be beyond the cutoff for any help under the ACA and in 2016 the penalty for no healthcare goes to 2.5% of gross income. To his credit if he's doing what he says he's doing then it's still higher than what most Ground drivers are being paid.However the guy pounding out those numbers won't last long. Big pay in December, new knees in September.

Bounty

It's both HD and Ground same town a burb just outside city limits. Very tight, lots of pickup stops that are 0s. 6 days of operation he generated close to $4k in revenue for the week not counting the surge stop money.
No one believes you, we all know the numbers, your fairy tale doesn't add up!!

soc151

No one believes you, we all know the numbers, your fairy tale doesn't add up!!

I believe him...there does exist the Perfect Storm Route of short driveways, easy pickups, densely packed stops, and people that don't make you wait for signatures.

I can only think of one in my terminal of 100+.

Bounty

I believe him...there does exist the Perfect Storm Route of short driveways, easy pickups, densely packed stops, and people that don't make you wait for signatures.

I can only think of one in my terminal of 100+.
Im talking about how much he's paying this guy.
Contractors that own 5 routes in my terminal aren't making that money.

Last edited:

It will be fine

If IBWF is doing what he says he's doing then he's giving his guys nearly everythig the route makes. Could that 2200 he talks about could be bi-weekly?Even if it is weekly by the time the guy buys his own heathcare and funds his own pension he's not doing so great but his income will probaly be beyond the cutoff for any help under the ACA and in 2016 the penalty for no healthcare goes to 2.5% of gross income. To his credit if he's doing what he says he's doing then it's still higher than what most Ground drivers are being paid.However the guy pounding out those numbers won't last long. Big pay in December, new knees in September.
He was a single van orphan during ISP transition that I've known for 15 years. I take out the cost to operate the route, a small slice for myself and he gets the rest. Healthcare through his wife. There's money to pay guys well if you have no debt and are large enough to not need much profit off each individual route.

bacha29

Good stops. Concentrated volume. Good roads. Limited debt. Strong local economy. Have all 5 and you should be able to do it with relative ease and a credit to your generosity. However depressed rural areas have little or none of the above listed advantages. At the same time however somebody has to service as best they can those undesirable areas. In fact we had a couple of guys from the city who came out to our terminal thinking that they were coming to the land of milk and honey. They had no idea just how much tougher the going is out in these depressed rural areas Stayed a little over a year. Quit and went back to the city.