Those in central states please respond - warning letter for calling in sick 2 days in a row...

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
If you sent down with this supervisor take you union rep in there with you. You did them a favor by even calling the second day to tell them anything when you didn't have to.

clean hairy

I would wager the Warning letter you refused to sign is in your file.
if it were me, (due to threats of repercussions.) I would file a grievance for harassment being forced to come in, another for disciplinary action without a requested Steward present (you DID request one, and they refused?)
In the future, though, see the Dr the 1st day you are sick with a note when you should be able to return to work.
You have even stronger ground to stand on if this happens again.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
He don't need
I would wager the Warning letter you refused to sign is in your file.
if it were me, (due to threats of repercussions.) I would file a grievance for harassment being forced to come in, another for disciplinary action without a requested Steward present (you DID request one, and they refused?)
In the future, though, see the Dr the 1st day you are sick with a note when you should be able to return to work.
You have even stronger ground to stand on if this happens again.

He don't need a doctors excuse unless he misses 3 days. He made the mistake of calling them on his second day which he gets for free. The supervisor in charge should of never called him back because their not allowed. Once he calls off his only obligation is to call himself back in to work next. The idiot management I wouldn't doubt figured they could force him in since he called them.

Method$

6 in 6 months here is a warning letter. Dr note needed for 3 or more to count as 1 occurance. Call in sick 1 day, then the next say I'm taking my self out of service for xyz, counts as 2 occurances. (Never say more than you need to, never lie). I'm in central, have sat with BA and labor manager in hearings over this.

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
6 in 6 months here is a warning letter. Dr note needed for 3 or more to count as 1 occurance. Call in sick 1 day, then the next say I'm taking my self out of service for xyz, counts as 2 occurances. (Never say more than you need to, never lie). I'm in central, have sat with BA and labor manager in hearings over this.
As is typically the case, must differ by center and local b/c I too am in Central and here it's 3 in 90. We have guys that set their watches to the 91st day and take it off.

Method$

As is typically the case, must differ by center and local b/c I too am in Central and here it's 3 in 90. We have guys that set their watches to the 91st day and take it off.
Same here roll with 5 in 6, then get sick. They always seem to whine and say "BUT I WAS SICK THIS TIME!"...

Ask about the other 5? Now I'm the bad guy!

ski or die

Ski or Die
Had a fellow employee who wanted to take his vacation same time as another employee and myself and our families. He couldn't get the time off. Each morning, he would walk down to the camp office for 5 straight days and call in sick (before cell phones). Just had to get a Doctor's note to give them when he got back. No reprecussions.
I would grieve the verbal. Part of the procedure of discipline is the verbal warning. So whether they have a verbal or written warning in your file, you will want it removed. Also, discuss with a Steward before you file, you will have to get a grievance from the steward anyway. If management confronts you again and refuses to allow you a union steward, just tell them "I will be filing charges with the NLRB for your refusal to allow me union representation." They'll understand that they will not be able to intimidate you in the future.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!

I'm also in the Central.

Here it is 5 in 9 months can lead to a verbal review. Cannot get a warning letter until 6 in 9 months provided they did the verbal after 5 occurrences.