Thought Loaders Is Supposed To load Your Car?

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
You can still "do a good job, hustle AND take pride in your work" while still adhering to the contract.
I Totally agree. Union and non - union jobs are completely different worlds and mindsets. even if you do hustle out of pride and adhere to the contract you are still looked "down" on by some drivers. you are called "sucker" behind your back.

i do feel sorry for people who never have learned the value of a job well done.

By The Book

Agreed, minus the hustle.
Your work ethic, on the clock is your business, off the clock it's plain stupid! Hustle all you want, on the clock. Most of us outwork other nonunion workers quite regularly, would you agree. If a driver comes in and does a preloaders job it's plain selfish. That's why alllllll the numbers are jacked up!

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Ymiqrvg.gif

Believe it.

I've seen it happen.

no more than 9

"Livin' the Dream"
In my building there are many drivers who work off the clock loading their pkg cars in the am. These are the same service providers who take their lunch at the end of the day, throw airs on the belt as they leave and are amazed that there are hundreds of parcels on their vehicle every day.

trickpony1

What if you're truck is at the very end of the belt and 3 out of 5 days there is not a single sup in sight and 3/4 of your truck is hanging out on the belt for "someone else to do" would you call me out?

Staffing on the preload is not your problem. You seem to want to make it your problem.

Preload loads, drivers drive.
Not rocket science.

Holydriver

Yea! These are the same employees that sign the "perfect service commitments" and other useless papers in their log each day. I hate these company men. I hope they get fired and all the other union members look down on them like I do. POS the lot of them

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
Think how much money ups makes if every employee works one minute per day off the clock...just like they used to take an hour or two off my preload checks until I noticed...how many people never notice or notice and don't say anything because it's just an hour...they make MILLIONS off that

Orion inc.

I like turtles
every NON union job i ever had i did a little extra work before punching in or after punching out. setting up my work area or loading up my tractor or washing the tractor before or after.

most drivers did these kind of things out of pride or a good work ethic. we did not have to answer to anyone except ourselves.

with a union job if you do that you are considered a "rat" or a "scab" . all negatives instead of positives. whta's wrong with this picture?

i learned to understand that you were not just working for yourself anymore. you were working for the group.

union work, even though well paid, takes AWAY from the individual. positive things like pride ,good work ethics , and other good attributes.

you are looked down on by coworkers if you try to do a good job, hustle , or take pride in your work.

I tried to do my best even though it was frowned upon.
The more you post, the more everyone sees how full of it you are.

This post is absolutely false in any logic and had you actually worked a union job, you'd know. You can still have good work ethic and follow the contract correctly.

What you're describing is working without compensation. That's about as stupid as saying you're a retired feeder driver for ups for 25 years when you never were.

I know many circle of honor drivers who go out there every day and work hard yet follow the contract.

You really have no idea whatsoever about ups or working here twenty plus years.

People who lie about accomplishments they've never done are just as bad as "scabs ".

Probably even worse.

Now go back to making up more BS.

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
Speaking of fat thumbs had a late air Friday....bulk stop scanned the air first at 1018..... Continued to scan the ground hit freakin prerecord on accident shows up late at 1035....called it in but am sure I will here something
Got a verbal warning for doing that once, i blamed it on the lefty syndrome

Holydriver

The more you post, the more everyone sees how full of it you are.

This post is absolutely false in any logic and had you actually worked a union job, you'd know. You can still have good work ethic and follow the contract correctly.

What you're describing is working without compensation. That's about as stupid as saying you're a retired feeder driver for ups for 25 years when you never were.

I know many circle of honor drivers who go out there every day and work hard yet follow the contract.

You really have no idea whatsoever about ups or working here twenty plus years.

People who lie about accomplishments they've never done are just as bad as "scabs ".

Probably even worse.

Now go back to making up more BS.
I fully agree with her. Non union jobs promoted people by performance and merit whereas union jobs always promote people by seniority. And actually promote mediocrity in a way by saying production can't be a reason for discipline. Look, I see the pros and cons in both union and non union jobs, and the fact is, union jobs are notorious for lazy workers. And there is a reason for that.

Savvy412

god this company/ YOU GUYS.. are so annoying sometimes ..So what...a driver wants to load his own truck before start time

WHO GIVES A :censored2:!!!

Swear employees annoy me more then the sups some times..seriously..

death..cancer...family.....

some other guy loading his own truck..SOO WHAT!!!!!!!! Its just a stupid job that wont be here for you when you need them. They will fire you in 2 seconds.. Ill never rat an driver out..or give a flying friend what he does. He could come in at 5am off the clock. SO WHAT