rod

Retired 22 years
So let me get this straight if I feel sick I can stay home?
From what I read on here you don't even have to feel sick. If you see a snowflake-stay home. If your wife is pregnant-stay home. If you think its going to be a heavy day-stay home.

centinel

This would mean that UPS actually has a plan to go with this.

UPS will wait til a problem pops up and then try and figure out what the hell to do. Remember, we work for a reactive company not a proactive one.

Unfortunately, you are spot on. If management had any sense, they would get in front of this so the workers are protected as best possible with training and equipment to prevent infection. A sizeable chunk of any center's workers infected and under government-mandated quarantine would be devastating.

Eat Sleep Fish

Jig Master
I have heard that pilots flying into Anchorage can't even get off the plane. Maintenance! unloads and loads the plane before it hits the next gateway. I say the company is trying to do something even though this outbreak is still BS.

H.E. Pennypacker

Mmm, Mombasa!
Unfortunately, you are spot on. If management had any sense, they would get in front of this so the workers are protected as best possible with training and equipment to prevent infection. A sizeable chunk of any center's workers infected and under government-mandated quarantine would be devastating.
God it almost makes me want to get it to start a damn outbreak at my center.... I mean im 25 and healthy so I wouldn't die, but just to royally :censored2: them lol. I know its very immature and im kiddin… but only slightly...

H.E. Pennypacker

Mmm, Mombasa!
Even the cheapest and simplest thing to do would be set up those hand sanitizer stations with automated dispensing around the building that way at the very least during break times you can use it. For drivers i'm not sure how they could protect them short of wearing a hazmat suit lol.

rocket man

Actually if you are curious about how the virus works: COVID has a protein clamping force and a slight blip on the spike between 15-20 times stronger than SARS. This allows it to bind to the lower respiratory system and become more contagious, as well as opening up the possibility of binding to other cells. Lifespan is 9 days/

Not that I'm worried.
I better use up my option. Days

rocket man

Wanna see a worst-case pandemic scenario? Watch History Channel's "After Armageddon" on YouTube:

If you're not a prepper, this would be a good time to become one. With modern supply chains and a global economy, we're seven days away from the Stone Age.
This is stuff that happens every day

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Some of my local drivers have been exposed and have gone into self isolation. A customer called in a concern after an employee of theirs was confirmed infected.

Poop Head

Judge me.
Some of my local drivers have been exposed and have gone into self isolation. A customer called in a concern after an employee of theirs was confirmed infected.
When I get infected, the last place I'd wanna be, would be at home. The first place?, a certain board room in Atlanta.

MattM

We receive so many made in China boxes. No mention of anything in any PCM. They still write us up for using sick days. Screw em. I'm getting everyone infected.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
We receive so many made in China boxes. No mention of anything in any PCM. They still write us up for using sick days. Screw em. I'm getting everyone infected.
Seriously? You’re worried about getting sick from packages from China? I’m in HK right now, guess I should worry about getting sick from my overly small McDonald’s OJ
40B7C15E-4DF6-4B8B-9F33-B7DC808E09DC.jpeg

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Prevent infection? How? Look all around, people traveling.

Many, many more were killed already in 2020 by regular flu strains than Corona. Zero reporting of that.