Thoughts..

Thebrownblob

More BS from Freight Waves.
Satish Jindel same guy who predicted that June 30. Everything will be settled.
And now his story of why the Teamsters should think before they walk is riddled with mistakes. Even saying 1997 was the only strike.

But his biggest error is that he thinks he knows better than the people who actually work under this contract because he says here…….

“Many if not all current-day workers lack knowledge of the parcel industry dynamics crucial in evaluating whether a strike in 2023 would be in their interest or be extremely detrimental. “

And in his pompous and arrogant opinion, the Teamsters, who work under this contract, have no business, deciding their own fate, and destiny, and don’t even understand if they’re getting a good deal or not.

He can bite me.

I think the bigger point is that although we may be better off if we walk and get what we want in the end, but it will be at the cost of tens of thousands, maybe even a hundred thousand jobs. I'm not saying the USPS and FDX are capable of covering it, but I definitely don't know enough to say that they can't.

yadig

I think the bigger point is that although we may be better off if we walk and get what we want in the end, but it will be at the cost of tens of thousands, maybe even a hundred thousand jobs. I'm not saying the USPS and FDX are capable of covering it, but I definitely don't know enough to say that they can't.
FedEx is imploding! A strike by ups would help them though.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Satish Jindel same guy who predicted that June 30. Everything will be settled.
And now his story of why the Teamsters should think before they walk is riddled with mistakes. Even saying 1997 was the only strike.

But his biggest error is that he thinks he knows better than the people who actually work under this contract because he says here…….

“Many if not all current-day workers lack knowledge of the parcel industry dynamics crucial in evaluating whether a strike in 2023 would be in their interest or be extremely detrimental. “

And in his pompous and arrogant opinion, the Teamsters, who work under this contract, have no business, deciding their own fate, and destiny, and don’t even understand if they’re getting a good deal or not.

He can bite me.
He’s someone’s shill….

UnionStrong

Jindel gets hopes up first by saying the contract is a done deal by June 1, then comes out with an ominous prediction for the union if it should dare to strike. He’s manipulating the rank and file. If it’s not signed by June, and if a strike is authorized, you’ll have guys second guessing the union negotiators. People read in sound bites.

Thebrownblob

Jindel gets hopes up first by saying the contract is a done deal by June 1, then comes out with an ominous prediction for the union if it should dare to strike. He’s manipulating the rank and file. If it’s not signed by June, and if a strike is authorized, you’ll have guys second guessing the union negotiators. People read in sound bites.
Correct where is the story warning UPS about not negotiating fairly with the Teamsters who have made them one of the most successful companies in history? Where is the warning them about making the wrong choice? Why is it always on the little guys backs?

UnionStrong

Correct where is the story warning UPS about not negotiating fairly with the Teamsters who have made them one of the most successful companies in history? Why is the warning them about making the wrong choice? Why is it always on the little guys backs?
He’s a paid shill. Probably getting it from UPS.

Thebrownblob

He’s a paid shill. Probably getting it from UPS.
Absolutely he has every bit of their distain for the Teamsters. According to him we are to dumb to even understand are own working environment. Therefore, we should bow down to our masters and whatever scraps, they may throw our way.

UnionStrong

In 97, social media was almost non existent, no smart phones either. News was on TV or newspaper. Disinformation was still used but it wasn’t able to spread like it does today. All sorts of rumors will be spread to demoralize the rank and file.

bacha29

He's blowing smoke. Fedex is in turmoil and USPS doesn't have the capacity. This could be the Teamsters last best opportunity to demonstrate it's unity and it's willingness to withstand whatever counter measures UPS might try should you walk.
The key will be to put even greater distance in terms of what you guys get in pay and benefits and what contractors pay making it even tougher for them to find people to take the job for what they offer.

After all Fat Freddy thinks the entire nation is one great big labor orchard loaded with cheap low hanging labor fruit ripe for the picking. And he thinks his contractor coyotes will be able to pick bushels of them with record yields. The bigger the disparity between what you're getting and what contractors can pay the tougher it will be for Raj and Fat Freddy's little scheme to come to fruition.

Perhaps they failed to pay attention to the Federal Reserve report that said that more than 2 million American workers have left the nation's workforce since 2019. Combined with falling birth rates the supply especially the supply of the best help is likely to remain tight for some time to come.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Just watch, FedEx will have a good deal of employees laid off and scared off then UPS will decide to strike and they’ll be caught with their pants down. Some PR person will issue a press statement saying “we didn’t think it was going to come to this according to our projections.” 🤣