Thousands of packages looted in California train yard

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I saw this on Twitter this morning and it made me sick !!!
Especially seeing OUR packages and small sort bags.

We need to figure a better system of locking these railcars.
I know they can go through the roof very easily on the ups trailers but those bolts can be cut with a cordless saw very fast…it’s easy pickings…

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
UPS might want to consider quitting rail if this keeps happening.
Aren’t we in the process of that under the guise of hiring subcontractors more than ever?
Maybe switch to feeders when shipping out of LA? At some point it will become more cost effective.
I don't think you all understand how much volume comes from rails out of LA, there is no way it could be replaced with subcontractors no matter how many shekels we threw at it

Anyways this is literally what happens when you let a Soros funded democrat DA run your city, LA is devolving into a 3rd world hellhole and it was never that great to begin with

Last edited:

Overpaid Union Thug

138AE1BA-34EA-4F6F-BF65-0BE550EE1910.jpeg

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
I don't think you all understand how much volume comes from rails out of LA, there is no way it could be replaced with subcontractors no matter how many shekels we threw at it

Anyways this is literally what happens when you let a Soros funded democrat DA run your city, LA is devolving into a 3rd world hellhole and it was never that great to begin with
Well, apparently the company agreed to it, it is obviously going to fall well short of their goal. This is from article 26 of the NMA.

Section 6. Removal of Loads from Rails
In order to enhance employees’ opportunities to obtain a full-time job and improve the Company’s ability to reduce time-in-transit and improve service, the following provisions will apply:
1. The Company commits that the number of new drivers needed to remove loads from the rail shall be, at least, two thousand (2000), over the life of the current contract. The Company shall be required to train or hire, at least two hundred (200) drivers by De- cember 31, 2019 and twenty-five percent (25%) of the remaining needed drivers each calendar year thereafter. As long as the Com- pany satisfies these hiring/training obligations, it shall have the right to cover these runs with substitute means of transportation. The Employer shall provide the Union a report identifying the loads covered by this Section. The Company shall meet with the Union to resolve any issues which may arise if circumstances be- yond the Company’s control preclude the Company from training or hiring needed drivers in any area. The Company shall train or hire a sufficient number of drivers to cover these runs by the end of the current labor agreement.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Well, apparently the company agreed to it, it is obviously going to fall well short of their goal. This is from article 26 of the NMA.

Section 6. Removal of Loads from Rails
In order to enhance employees’ opportunities to obtain a full-time job and improve the Company’s ability to reduce time-in-transit and improve service, the following provisions will apply:
1. The Company commits that the number of new drivers needed to remove loads from the rail shall be, at least, two thousand (2000), over the life of the current contract. The Company shall be required to train or hire, at least two hundred (200) drivers by De- cember 31, 2019 and twenty-five percent (25%) of the remaining needed drivers each calendar year thereafter. As long as the Com- pany satisfies these hiring/training obligations, it shall have the right to cover these runs with substitute means of transportation. The Employer shall provide the Union a report identifying the loads covered by this Section. The Company shall meet with the Union to resolve any issues which may arise if circumstances be- yond the Company’s control preclude the Company from training or hiring needed drivers in any area. The Company shall train or hire a sufficient number of drivers to cover these runs by the end of the current labor agreement.
Supposedly the company is meeting the quota on the sleeper team runs… but that information came 1/2 from the FNN, and 1/2 from someone within the union who is privy to this info…I figure they both just cancel each other out..

Swanson

Henry Swanson's my name, and excitement's my game.

Union Pacific said its agents detained hundreds in connection with the thefts, but fewer than half were booked and some were released in less than 24 hours.

The company sent a letter to L.A. County District Attorney George Gascón, asking for action to deal with “the spiraling crisis of organized and opportunistic criminal rail theft.”

“Even with all the arrests made, the no-cash bail policy and extended timeframe for suspects to appear in court is causing re-victimization to UP by these same criminals,” the letter reads.

Union Pacific said those arrested “boast to our officers that charges will be pled down to simple trespassing – which bears no serious consequence.”

KTLA has reached out to the District Attorney’s Office for comment.

As a result of the thefts, Union Pacific has seen customers like UPS and FedEx seeking to divert rail
business away to other areas, and is now contemplating “serious changes” to its operating plans to avoid L.A. County, the letter reads.

“We do not take this effort lightly, particularly during the supply chain crisis, as this drastic change to our operations will create significant impacts and strains throughout the local, state, and national supply chain systems,” Union Pacific said.

Last edited:

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Union Pacific said its agents detained hundreds in connection with the thefts, but fewer than half were booked and some were released in less than 24 hours.

The company sent a letter to L.A. County District Attorney George Gascón, asking for action to deal with “the spiraling crisis of organized and opportunistic criminal rail theft.”

“Even with all the arrests made, the no-cash bail policy and extended timeframe for suspects to appear in court is causing re-victimization to UP by these same criminals,” the letter reads.

Union Pacific said those arrested “boast to our officers that charges will be pled down to simple trespassing – which bears no serious consequence.”

KTLA has reached out to the District Attorney’s Office for comment.

As a result of the thefts, Union Pacific has seen customers like UPS and FedEx seeking to divert rail
business away to other areas, and is now contemplating “serious changes” to its operating plans to avoid L.A. County, the letter reads.

“We do not take this effort lightly, particularly during the supply chain crisis, as this drastic change to our operations will create significant impacts and strains throughout the local, state, and national supply chain systems,” Union Pacific said.
Third World city.