Threatened Job - Hazmat Guy

BigBeef42

When a hub manager (wrongly) threatens to fire you, and harasses you, is there anything else you can do other than grieve it? I already grieved it.

My boss, created a hostile work environment for me, and now I don't even want to work for UPS anymore. I’m a loyal employee for 7 years. I never say “no” and always say “yes sir”.

Can I seek an attorney for damages when a hub manager threatens to fire me while trying to cover-up his own neglegence? Under his supervision, there were 60 boxes left by the day sort that were damaged, leaking, and unprocessed. Possibly hazardous stuff. Neglected and unfinished. They left it for me. I was way too busy on my shift, many leakers and DMP's, to clean his mess up. He threatened to fire me multiple times and harrassed me the entire length of the twilight shift. I told him "yes" i will help. I never disobeyed him. I was simply too busy doing my own work generated by the twilight shift.

Last edited:

Walk the line

Your a responder...do your job. If it takes four minutes or four hours who cares. There is this called progressive discipline, you will still have a job the next day. if you do it wrong because of his Threats, then he/she may not. Hell, I would consider stopping the whole shift to prevent any cross contamination. After all we do use a conveyor system to move the packages in building?

BigBeef42

Thanks for the quick reply.

I have two jobs and a family to spend time with. I can't afford to turn a 4 hour shift into an 8 hour shift due to a tyrant boss. Each shift is suppose to finish their own work before leaving. He was trying to give me their work without having to pay extra for labor. Cheap huhh?

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Thanks for the quick reply.

I have two jobs and a family to spend time with. I can't afford to turn a 4 hour shift into an 8 hour shift due to a tyrant boss. Each shift is suppose to finish their own work before leaving. He was trying to give me their work without having to pay extra for labor. Cheap huhh?
I believe the company can't force OT on you. It's a part-time job for you. Five hours and out, but probably should not be looking for/ asking/assuming OT again.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
Go talk to an Attorney. They may or may not be able to do anything but they will certainly be happy to take your money.

rod

Retired 22 years
Go talk to a wall---you will get as much help there as wasting money on an attorney. News to me that UPS can't force overtime--hell the company exists on overtime. If you hired an attorney UPS would show up with 10 attorneys. I would be up to my you know what if I had a dollar for everytime I heard some management flunky tell someone they were going to fire them.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
In the other thread you want to move up into FT driving or management. News flash, you'll be working more hours either way you choose. Sounds to me you're discontent and making a mountain out of a molehill.

BigBeef42

Hey guys thanks for the replies. I was just wondering what experienced upsers would do.

I'm still upset about it, so yes, a mole-hill is a mountain.

Also, my shift has no RMP (responsible management person) to overlook the daily hazmat operations, which is a direct violation of OSHA regulation. I will be calling OSHA on monday to file a formal complaint. My hub manager failed to staff someone. What a cheapo.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Hey guys thanks for the replies. I was just wondering what experienced upsers would do.

Also, my shift has no RMP (responsible management person) to overlook the daily hazmat operations, which is a direct violation of OSHA regulation. I will be calling OSHA on monday to file a formal complaint. My hub manager failed to staff someone. What a cheapo.
HazmatGuy,

You can file online:

Notice of Alleged Safety or Health Hazards

They will get back to you promptly.

Sincerely,
I

UPSGUY72

You go file HERO and tell us what the outcome is....

Returntosender

When you call OHSA. UPS will retaliate. The threats will mulitply 100x. When you have your emotional breakdown call Robert.
FYI your ethnicity can't be white.
$650,000 Emotional Distress & Punitive Damages Award Against UPS Upheld - Fischer v UPS
A verdict awarding $650,000 for emotional distress damages and punitive damages against UPS was upheld by the Sixth Circuit in Fischer v. UPS. If you have suffered unlawful retaliation, contact Lexington, Kentucky employment lawyer *****.

Last edited by a moderator:

bumped

Keep in touch with your steward, and have the steward document everything. If you want to go FT I would suggest not calling OSHA.

BigBeef42

Thanks for the support guys.

UPSguy72, Hero? thanks dude. appreciate it.

I just wanted to see/hear what you guys have been through, not looking for a fight from you.

I have no direct supervisor (RMP), this is against OSHA reg, and yes, I am going to file.

I don't want to go full time, they actually cut all fulltime spots in my hub. I'm on my way out. another casualty. blah blah blah. Think what you will.

Last edited: