Threatened Job - Hazmat Guy

brown_trousers

Go talk to an Attorney. They may or may not be able to do anything but they will certainly be happy to take your money.
I would be very happy to see more people take their UPS problems to the courts (with or without an attorney). It just doesn't seem like enough of a punishment to go through the grievance process to only have the union agent shake their finger at management and say "shame on you, don't do that again", which seems like that is how 75% of all grievances are resolved. I mean... come on.... thats not a resolution at all!

At least in court, UPS would have to pay for their own legal representation (already a bit of punishment for them), and if you could get the case heard by a jury, you might find some sympathy from your community with them ruling for a blue (or brown) collar worker over a large tyrannical corporation.

If you could get the case into small-claims court. legal representation is NOT allowed, so UPS wouldn't be able to bring their attorneys with them.

And you should also look into if you are afforded any attorney benefits in your area. In my area, we pay a very small monthly dues for legal attorney services that we can use if the need should arise.

bigblu 2 you

Ironically many of these institutions or denominations that he has placed on this earth were established as a result of secular violence.
it was never intended to be that way.without going into theological debates,the flesh or worldly man uses buildings and denominations,these are tools that can be abused and manipulated.God is a spirit and those that worship him must do so in the spirit.your body is the only temple God seeks to dwell in,baptist,catholic,presbyterian,etc are earthly clubs with worldly memberships and rules.there are only two rules you need to live by.??

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I would be very happy to see more people take their UPS problems to the courts (with or without an attorney). It just doesn't seem like enough of a punishment to go through the grievance process to only have the union agent shake their finger at management and say "shame on you, don't do that again", which seems like that is how 75% of all grievances are resolved. I mean... come on.... thats not a resolution at all!

At least in court, UPS would have to pay for their own legal representation (already a bit of punishment for them), and if you could get the case heard by a jury, you might find some sympathy from your community with them ruling for a blue (or brown) collar worker over a large tyrannical corporation.

If you could get the case into small-claims court. legal representation is NOT allowed, so UPS wouldn't be able to bring their attorneys with them.

And you should also look into if you are afforded any attorney benefits in your area. In my area, we pay a very small monthly dues for legal attorney services that we can use if the need should arise.

One could not take a case such as this to small claims court.

UPSGUY72

Most cases would be thrown out of court because we have a contract (collective bargaining agreement) with UPS and have to follow rules of the collective bargaining agreement. Which says arbitration needs to be used not the courts....

Last edited:

BigBeef42

I'm not going to put up the money for an attorney. I already know its a waste of time. I'm not naive. I just wanted to hear what you guys would do. Nothing more.

So, I'm standing up for myself. That's all I can do in a situation like this. I'll let you guys know how it turns out. Maybe It will be fun to watch them scream and yell like idiots, maybe I'll get threatened again, don't bother me none.

My hub manager has been avoiding me. It's kind of nice. I win.

brown_trousers

So, I'm standing up for myself. That's all I can do in a situation like this. I'll let you guys know how it turns out. Maybe It will be fun to watch them scream and yell like idiots, maybe I'll get threatened again, don't bother me none.

My hub manager has been avoiding me. It's kind of nice. I win.

Its not really winning when you have to put up with crap like this at all.

I sometimes look at management and feel sorry for them, that their lives have turned into something less than human, unable to show respect to their fellow workers, always brewing hate, anger, and confrontation. That's no way to live life!

Integrity

Binge Poster
Its not really winning when you have to put up with crap like this at all.

I sometimes look at management and feel sorry for them, that their lives have turned into something less than human, unable to show respect to their fellow workers, always brewing hate, anger, and confrontation. That's no way to live life!
brown_trousers,

Well said!

Sincerely,
I