TieGuy's 10,000th post post party

P

pickup

Well, as you might have not noticed, tieguy has reached and has shot by the 10,000 post barrier. Were some of us distracted by the dog in his avatar shaking his butt that our eyes that did not focus on his post tally?

Whatever the reasons were, , I present Tie the opportunity to step on his soapbox and say a few words . He new signature at the bottom of his postings is " What , no 10,000 post party? Well, tie , be careful of what you wish for, because you're about TO GET IT!

So, tie, I'll let you set the tone. Act as if it were your 10,000th post and post away and we'll respond in kind. Will you give us some excellent feeder advice? Pitch for your favorite charity, United Way? Or will you come down on the union? Or perhaps you will use it as an opportunity to sell us on the merits on the possible Government healthcare plan. It's up to you. Go ahead pal, we anxiously await for the words of wisdom that are sure to flow from your head through the keyboard and onto our computer screens. Take your time in collecting your thoughts, I'm sure Lou Gehrig didn't wing it and you don't have to either.

tieguy

Banned
Well, as you might have not noticed, tieguy has reached and has shot by the 10,000 post barrier. Were some of us distracted by the dog in his avatar shaking his butt that our eyes that did not focus on his post tally?

Whatever the reasons were, , I present Tie the opportunity to step on his soapbox and say a few words . He new signature at the bottom of his postings is " What , no 10,000 post party? Well, tie , be careful of what you wish for, because you're about TO GET IT!

So, tie, I'll let you set the tone. Act as if it were your 10,000th post and post away and we'll respond in kind. Will you give us some excellent feeder advice? Pitch for your favorite charity, United Way? Or will you come down on the union? Or perhaps you will use it as an opportunity to sell us on the merits on the possible Government healthcare plan. It's up to you. Go ahead pal, we anxiously await for the words of wisdom that are sure to flow from your head through the keyboard and onto our computer screens. Take your time in collecting your thoughts, I'm sure Lou Gehrig didn't wing it and you don't have to either.

too late. Having a little fun with the topic since it was missed. As one of the few outspoken management posters on what has turned into a very anti management, anti company site I expected it would be missed.

If I had to reflect on my tenure here I think I was posting here before the great software crash of 99. It was a much friendlier place back then. Now a review of the ups discussion threads tends to be a listing of one bitch session after another. Many pro union threads where the posters plot on how they can use the contract to screw the company or their boss.

When I started with ups we worked hard and we played hard. Bitching took a back seat. Now it appears we must be teaching people how to bitch in their orientation classes or they bring the skill with them. there are still a few like minded old schoolers here who know what I'm talking about and so I stay because I still enjoy interacting with them.

The rest of you should ask the company to allow you to wear skirts as part of your uniform.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
I have talked to Tie on the phone. He is the same in real life as he is here.

Bet nobody knows that Tie started at UPS back in 1939. I asked why he is still working, to which he replied he is too young to retire.

It also explains why some times the ole guy gets confused in his posts. :wink2:

But Ive said enough.

d

tieguy

Banned
I have talked to Tie on the phone. He is the same in real life as he is here.

Bet nobody knows that Tie started at UPS back in 1939. I asked why he is still working, to which he replied he is too young to retire.

It also explains why some times the ole guy gets confused in his posts. :wink2:

But Ive said enough.

d

what you're not telling them is you trained me on how to bust out 120 stops with a bicycle. :happy-very:

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Some things are better left unsaid.:happy-very:

My only regret is that I dont get to do it again. The things I would change...........

LEmme get the walker, I feel a movement coming on..........

d

browniehound

what you're not telling them is you trained me on how to bust out 120 stops with a bicycle. :happy-very:

Tie,
Congrats on 10,000 posts, its some achievement! Although I didn't (or couldn't lol) read them all, the ones I did were always level-headed. No matter if I agreed or disagreed with them.

My opinion is this site would not be the same without "Tieguy's" input. I understand its mostly pro-union, but that's what makes your presence so much more valuable. Thanks for sticking around through the bull-.... that permeates this forum.

I hope we get 10,000 more from you,

Brownie

Big Babooba

You haven't lied to me yet.........
I don't wear shorts at the request of my center manager. He spent most of his days handling calls, " No ma'am the driver doesn't have three legs. Yes ma'am, he can see you after he punches out. I'll put your name on the list."

We both came to an agreement. He needed to run the center and I needed to come to work well rested.

upsgrunt

I don't wear shorts at the request of my center manager. He spent most of his days handling calls, " No ma'am the driver doesn't have three legs. Yes ma'am, he can see you after he punches out. I'll put your name on the list."

We both came to an agreement. He needed to run the center and I needed to come to work well rested.

......till now......:happy-very: