TieGuy's 10,000th post post party

W

want to retire

Yes...powerful...eloquent....my only hatred was the days of busting your butt for 10 hrs. without a break(lunch or otherwise) to make it all happen and being told "What happened? You're 10 clicks over...." and the center manager's who would sell their mother for a good wor.....Tie my only hatred(I wouldn't call it that) is that there is alot of bs on the job that is never addressed....like now. I know what UPS has done for me and my family and what it has done to my family and me. All the philanthropic stuff is commendable....doesn't really have anything to do with work...or changing what goes on there.
I delivered to poor houses and learned to appreciate what it was I had.

I delivered to many different locations where others worked as hard or near as hard as I did for a lot less money.

I came from parents that knew what it was to live poor and to miss a meal.

What I learned came from a higher plane of learning then some orientation class.

You my friend are blinded by your hatred for things you can not control. But yet you think going to work and whining like a little girl will somehow make things better.

You my friend have to decide if you want to join an exclusive club of those who approach life with a positive attitude or whether you want to continue wallowing in your self induced dispair.

This thread is in some ways an evaluation of my time here and my philosophies in general. I thank you for your input.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
That sounds like trouble.:happy-very:
Originally Posted by Big Babooba
Rumor has it that the first person to reach 50,000 posts wins a new Porsche 911 GT3! Any color you want! I'll take Macadamia Metallic. :surprised:http://www.porsche.com/usa/models/911/911-gt3/

And Big, you can hire me to paint the porch.:wink2:

That sounds like trouble.:happy-very:

Big started it teacher !!!!

On the contrary. I believe blonds unfairly get the brunt of all the jokes. This girl had black hair. The dark haired girl was definitely in the dark.

Since you put up the Stereo-type alert!!!, I feel that I must oblige.
For you enjoyment:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Painting the Porch[/FONT]​

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]A blonde teenager, wanting to earn some extra money for the summer,decided to hire herself out as a "handy-woman" and started canvassing a nearby well-to-do neighborhood. She went to the front door of the first house, and asked the owner if he had any odd jobs for her to do.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"Well, I guess I could use somebody to paint my porch," he said, "How much will you charge me?"[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Delighted, the girl quickly responded, "How about $50?"[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The man agreed and told her that the paint brushes and everything she would need was in the garage. The man's wife, hearing the conversation said to her husband, "Does she realize that our porch goes ALL the way around the house?"[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]He responded, "That's a bit cynical, isn't it?"[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The wife replied, "You're right. I guess I'm starting to believe all those dumb blonde jokes we've [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]been getting by email lately.."[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Later that day, the blonde came to the door to collect her money.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"You're finished already?" the startled husband asked.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"Yes, the blonde replied, and I even had paint left over, so I gave it two coats."[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Impressed, the man reached into his pocket for the $50.00 and handed it to her along with a $10.00 tip.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"And by the way, "the blonde added, "it's not a Porch, it's a Lexus![/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Sorry about that - not!:happy-very:[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]David Kevin (time to find myself a slightly damp bath towel)[/FONT]

I want the $50.00 and the $10.00 tip.

Simple.

I work hard for my money.:raspberry-tounge:

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
my only hatred was the days of busting your butt for 10 hrs. without a break(lunch or otherwise) to make it all happen and being told "What happened? You're 10 clicks over...."
Why do you hate something only you can control. It is your decision to not take lunch or break. Why? And dont give me the "well I will not get done if I dont" crap. That is not your problem.

How do you ever expect management to treat you like a man when you still crawl around on all fours? You are better than that, but unless you stand up for yourself, who cares? Not management, you can bet on that! They will use and abuse you every chance they get and laugh at you behind your back.

Take your lunch. Call them if you are going to have missed. That is what they get paid to do, handle that type of call. And dont take calls during lunch. They dont.

d