Tier 3 accident...

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
I Made a legal u turn on a green light, where my fault lies is assuming the vehicle i turned in front of would see me, as where my building is located, all drivers leaving have to make a u turn to head from west bound to east bound towards the highway. Its as if the individual was not at all paying attention, on the phone, or saw a quick way to make some holiday money by running into me.
Yeah you really have to be careful at lights and stuff and you turns can be tricky. I always try and communicate with person across from me before like hand signals or flashing my lights at them to go amd always make sure you count 1 2 3 before youacually go cause those few seconds can prevent an accident for real. Im not implying that the accident was your fault at all but people drive crazy dude, big hurry and no patience at all.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Sober, I and a lot of other management agree with you. Its a lot of unnecessary paperwork/bs follow up for a broken mirror.

As in the old days, mirror should have been repaired that night and nothing else.

Unfortunately I am not in charge of the follow up and how it should be conducted and on what types of crashes. A broken mirror is not a crash, getting hit at an intersection is.

If you want us to take the process seriously, then the process needs to make sense.

I agree that intersection accidents need to be taken very seriously and I agree that we as drivers need to be held to the highest standards of safety and defensive driving. But if your process is entirely arbitrary and devoid of any common sense or logic then you are going to have a tough time selling it to the people who you want to follow it.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
If you want us to take the process seriously, then the process needs to make sense.

I agree that intersection accidents need to be taken very seriously and I agree that we as drivers need to be held to the highest standards of safety and defensive driving. But if your process is entirely arbitrary and devoid of any common sense or logic then you are going to have a tough time selling it to the people who you want to follow it.

I agree.

Look at it like this. Its like being a car salesmen, I didn't the build car its just my job to sell it to you.

Sometimes you believe in the product, sometimes you don't.

I agree.

Look at it like this. Its like being a car salesmen, I didn't the build car its just my job to sell it to you.

The problem is. The big disconnect between corporate "fantasy" world and the "real world"!. It is one thing to rear end another vehicle. Its another,when you follow the rules and get T-boned,by some law breaking idiot.

Last edited:

soberups

I agree.

Unfortunately, the "car" you are trying to sell me has 5 wheels, no doors, and a big orange fin stuck on to the roof with duct tape that some IE guy decided would look pretty.

The sad part is....you are a fairly intelligent person. So am I. You know in this case that what you are selling is crap. So do I. And I know that you know, and you know that I know that you know. Its just too bad we have to waste time and ruin your credibility playing silly pretend games instead of just being straight with each other and doing the right thing.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Out here we have lighted intersections where the left lane is marked for either a left turn or a left u turn. If this was what you were doing it was a legal maneuver and you should have had a right of way, giving you at least some leg to stand on. Your post didn't specify.
I Made a legal u turn on a green light, where my fault lies is assuming the vehicle i turned in front of would see me, as where my building is located, all drivers leaving have to make a u turn to head from west bound to east bound towards the highway. Its as if the individual was not at all paying attention, on the phone, or saw a quick way to make some holiday money by running into me.

I stopped reading after these two post.
I don't care how LEGAL the U-turn was, it's still unsafe. Safety first and safety last. Make smart decisions and things like are far less likely to happen.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
Unfortunately, the "car" you are trying to sell me has 5 wheels, no doors, and a big orange fin stuck on to the roof with duct tape that some IE guy decided would look pretty.

The sad part is....you are a fairly intelligent person. So am I. You know in this case that what you are selling is crap. So do I. And I know that you know, and you know that I know that you know. Its just too bad we have to waste time and ruin your credibility playing silly pretend games instead of just being straight with each other and doing the right thing.

Ask me no questions I tell you no lies.

soberups

I don't care how LEGAL the U-turn was, it's still unsafe. Safety first and safety last. Make smart decisions and things like are far less likely to happen.
There are traffic lanes in my town on a divided highway that are clearly marked with "U-TURN ALLOWED" signs and a green U-shaped arrow. If you are in the left turn lane and the green arrow traffic light comes on, you can either make a normal left turn or a complete U-turn in a perfectly safe and legal manner as a part of the designed traffic flow.

Z

ZQXC

How much farther would you have to go to be able to head back to the building w/o making that u-turn?

Packmule

If you actually read his post you'd see that the configuration of the building's location and the layout of access roads, the u turn was unavoidable.