Tier 3 intersection accident and driver back in package car next day? how?

browned out

Driver in our center involved in tier 3 intersection and the driver is back in the package car driving the next day. The accident investigation by UPS consistently takes 5 to 10 or more days where the involved package car driver is taken out of service without pay. How did this driver get back in the seat of the package car and on the road the next day? One Word Answer. ONCAR

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
There is no language involving accidents that includes UPS's classification of "tiers".
A serious accident per the contract has a defined set of parameters.
My guess is this accident didn't meet the requirements under this article to remove the driver from service.
If it did, your management team may have set a presidence for future drivers involved involved in similar accidents.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Driver in our center involved in tier 3 intersection and the driver is back in the package car driving the next day. The accident investigation by UPS consistently takes 5 to 10 or more days where the involved package car driver is taken out of service without pay. How did this driver get back in the seat of the package car and on the road the next day? One Word Answer. ONCAR

Must be management candidate ... double standards are sometimes extended to these people.
Was he fat and lazy and a really poor driver? or was this driver a she?

whiskey

I was being shown a new route and my oncar soup had 2 accidents the same day. With me in the jumper seat. Now a roll away will get you a 5 day suspension.

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I wouldn't personally care myself. As long as I wasn't you it doesn't effect you. Double standards have exsisted as long as UPS has been around. Not to sound harsh but this kind of stuff happens everyday from "scuff accidents" not being reported to the color of ones socks being noticed and others get a pass.

brownelf

the immortal words of our center manager "I'm the judge, jury and executioner, and I can do what I want" come to mind right now.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
In my Hub, the Division Manager has to ride with the driver before he goes back on the road now.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid

Where I am at they can take you off road but you are still entitled to inside work at your full rate of pay during the investigation.

grgrcr88

No It's not green grocer!
Where I am at they can take you off road but you are still entitled to inside work at your full rate of pay during the investigation.

Same here. Unless a crash involves gross negligence and it excedes excedes $4400 in damage the driver is offered inside work and paid full drivers pay while an investigation is done.