Time for Changes

brownIEman

Yeah, I’m glad you know what I do and don’t do. You wouldn’t have a You wouldn’t have a clue what union culture was if it smack you in the face stop making ignorant statements, And by the way, Carol has not done better not bigger she’s done better cutting. Cutting services, cutting management. Yes, we’re really struggling. FedEx is absolutely eating our lunch with the kind of work force. You apparently would like. 🙄🙄Your Sounds like an idiot. Your assumptions and bitterness are a cancer on this company.
I don't know you, so surely I don't know what you do and don't do. My guess is you're a steward, I could be wrong.

I have known dozens or hundreds of stewards, and several BA's. I rarely saw any of them encourage poor employees to stop being screw ups. Based on posts you've made here I'm willing to bet your biggest advice to employees that struggle is "just slow down and get in the 9.5 list"
That sort of behavior is certainly more cancerous to the organization than anything I might have done.

Carol is simply reacting to the market reality she is in, a market reality created long before she ever came to UPS.

Thebrownblob

I don't know you, so surely I don't know what you do and don't do. My guess is you're a steward, I could be wrong.

I have known dozens or hundreds of stewards, and several BA's. I rarely saw any of them encourage poor employees to stop being screw ups. Based on posts you've made here I'm willing to bet your biggest advice to employees that struggle is "just slow down and get in the 9.5 list"
That sort of behavior is certainly more cancerous to the organization than anything I might have done.

Carol is simply reacting to the market reality she is in, a market reality created long before she ever came to UPS.
Really? So you’re privy to all the conversations that are had between business agents, Stewards and the members they represent? No, sir your hatred of the people who actually do the work that you think you know the value of, is the cancer. That’s what bitterness and jealousy does. I would never tell a member I’m representing to do some thing I would not personally do myself.

I have NOT been lurking

Degenerate Member

_r9QZi.gif

brownIEman

I do not agree..We can compete on price and could vastly destroy our competitors on service quality. These Amazon and Fed Ex Ground Contractors are a fly by night operation, eventually they will come to the conclusion that there is no long term future for them, probably seeing it now from the chatter on the Fed Ex forum.

Fact is UPS raises their rates at the same pace as our competitors, they added a lot of surcharges, some of them substantial since the last Contract.

Maybe Corporate should reconsider their service quality more than their own pocketbooks and start rewarding those who have contributed to the fact that their stock had doubled over the last 3 years. Trends are like polling, do not mean Jack…because no one knows the future.

Frankly speaking.. every time I hear one our highly compensated executives speak, I always leave with the impression that they never leave their corporate desks, and understanding their jargon… forget about it…

Must be way over my head..:2scared: or it is just plain overinflated gibberish…

Another consideration is that this is not 1997, the membership has a lot more access to the true nature of both the Union and Company. You think that the media coverage in the 1997 strike was outrageous, wait till 2023 if it comes down to that. Every dirty little secret will be exposed…all those sound bites we are hearing from corporate will be analyzed and brought to the public forums.

Does UPS really want to become an example for the rest of the Corporate world if they decide to do something stupid. Also, the feds will be watching and waiting…It is no time to play games with any Collective Bargaining agreements, the general public is not in the mood.

Amazon logistics is not a fly by night organization. They are in for the long haul and are on pace to surpass UPS volume in a couple years, with essentially one customer. UPS cannot compete with them on service largely because UPS does not deliver on Sundays. That more than any other single factor is why AMZL exists.
I believe your estimate of those two companies is based primarily on wishful thinking.

UPS could indeed compete on price. If it were willing to sacrifice most or all of its profits. It won't.
Personally, I think it should have done so long ago. It should have put price increases on indefinite hiatus and as costs grew, it would have moved from record profits to 6 or 8 losing quarters going into negotiations. That, clearly is a pipe dream.

UPS SHOULD reward those who've made the profits possible as long as UPS has decided profits every quarter are all that matter and market share growth does not. They should give the part timers the raises asked for.

UPS does not want to be made an example of. SOB does however want to make an example of UPS and carry that into other industries. My guess is even if UPS says we give we will give you whatever you want, Sean will find a reason for at least 7 to 12 days of strike for the optics abs for leverage in other negotiations.

I agree that this strike will be much more visible than last time even was.
So you might want to get word out to whatever IBT goon last time did a brake check on that feeder safety manager in TN last time and wound up killing him, probably should not choose that level of violence this time around.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier

Here is a reality check: UPS Stock up to 191.17 so far.

Sure looks like the postponed 2Q earnings report will nail that myth about losing revenue.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Amazon logistics is not a fly by night organization. They are in for the long haul and are on pace to surpass UPS volume in a couple years, with essentially one customer. UPS cannot compete with them on service largely because UPS does not deliver on Sundays. That more than any other single factor is why AMZL exists.
I believe your estimate of those two companies is based primarily on wishful thinking.

UPS could indeed compete on price. If it were willing to sacrifice most or all of its profits. It won't.
Personally, I think it should have done so long ago. It should have put price increases on indefinite hiatus and as costs grew, it would have moved from record profits to 6 or 8 losing quarters going into negotiations. That, clearly is a pipe dream.

UPS SHOULD reward those who've made the profits possible as long as UPS has decided profits every quarter are all that matter and market share growth does not. They should give the part timers the raises asked for.

UPS does not want to be made an example of. SOB does however want to make an example of UPS and carry that into other industries. My guess is even if UPS says we give we will give you whatever you want, Sean will find a reason for at least 7 to 12 days of strike for the optics abs for leverage in other negotiations.

So you might want to get word out to whatever IBT goon last time did a brake check on that feeder safety manager in TN last time and wound up killing him, probably should not choose that level of violence this time around.
IMG_3999.gif

I have NOT been lurking

Degenerate Member

We got big raises, go train your dothead replacement

brownIEman

Really? So you’re privy to all the conversations that are had between business agents, Stewards and the members they represent? No, sir your hatred of the people who actually do the work that you think you know the value of, is the cancer. That’s what bitterness and jealousy does. I would never tell a member I’m representing to do some thing I would not personally do myself.
Of course I'm not privy to every conversation. I have sat in many discipline meetings and heard those conversations. I've read posts from senior drivers and stewards on these forums. Based on that admittedly not scientific set if data, my overall impression is there is not a culture in the union to encourage employees to truly do their best everyday. The unions definition of a fair days work is "eh, whatever level of effort you feel like putting in". UPS management's roll is to try and weed out the few that wind up taking zero pride in doing a decent job.

Well, if my hatred of the workers is the cancer, Good news! The patient is cancer free because no such hatred exists. I merely recognize the union waters down the definition of a fair days work every chance it gets, that taking pride in a union workers fair days work being better than most is no longer part of the culture. No hatred, I just think that's a little sad.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Of course I'm not privy to every conversation. I have sat in many discipline meetings and heard those conversations. I've read posts from senior drivers and stewards on these forums. Based on that admittedly not scientific set if data, my overall impression is there is not a culture in the union to encourage employees to truly do their best everyday. The unions definition of a fair days work is "eh, whatever level of effort you feel like putting in". UPS management's roll is to try and weed out the few that wind up taking zero pride in doing a decent job.

Well, if my hatred of the workers is the cancer, Good news! The patient is cancer free because no such hatred exists. I merely recognize the union waters down the definition of a fair days work every chance it gets, that taking pride in a union workers fair days work being better than most is no longer part of the culture. No hatred, I just think that's a little sad.
You may serve the coffee now, office bitch.

Thebrownblob

Nope the people in your department have water down every aspect of this company easily the worst department in history of UPS. You should be proud.

DELACROIX

In what year was Amazon started, weren’t they just another book store back in the 90’s. Claiming that we do not deliver on Sunday is the main reason for the growth of Amazon is pretty far fetched. I stand by my claim that compared to UPS that started in 1907, they are a fly by night operation, their substantial growth are primarily due to internet purchases and the Pandemic, much like the other Common Carriers like UPS.

You failed to mention Fed Ex…they are way more fragile than we are even if we have a strike. Their workforce has to be hurting because of inflationary pressure and any additional work created over a strike will just add to the problem.

Again… prime territory for organizing…

Any price increases are based on the market demands, Post Office raises their rates so do we, same with the other Common Carriers. Generally we go up 5 to 6 percent a year, most companies do the same, particularly with our inflation rates. When had UPS ever had “6 or 8 losing quarters”, maybe before our time.

Agree…

Pretty sure O’Brien doesn’t want to strike if he doesn’t have to. One of the false claims about Carey was that he called the strike because of political reasons. O’Brien does not have anywhere near the opposition within his ranks that Carey had, his overwhelming victory over the handpicked Hoffa candidates settled that scenario.

First time I heard that, is this conjecture or do you have proof..and really were did you hear this from…?

Researched the incident.. official cause of the accident was load shifting.

From my understanding the “97” strike was considered peaceful despite of a few hot heads from the other barns. No physical confrontation on our lines, some yelling.. but the members knew what they were doing…

Last edited:

DELACROIX

My uncle is a retired regional manager and still thinks he is responsible for UPS 's success.

I heard we had a retired manager that went on conference calls… just didn’t know when to quit, funny thing is he thought his co workers would be listening to him…:shutupsmiley::yapyapyapf: