Time for Ole Meat to Eat a Little Crow

dmac1

You neglect to mention that those high income states also have the highest cost of living and the highest taxes. I've lived in Connecticut and Washington state, amongst others. I don't see the quality of life being better for what you pay out. For some reason some folks like to feel superior to others but from our point of view paying that kind of money in mortgages, taxes, pretty much everything in areas that often look blighted and have high crime isn't admirable. Not to mention some of those places have horrible weather. So sneer if you must, we're happy to be low on that yardstick.

Your response proves a point. You believe everything you read. Sure, in the biggest cities, in the wealthiest states, the cost of living is high because people WANT to live there. I live in California, in a smaller city, on 2/3 of an acre, in an area where homes sell between $100-200,000. Food is cheaper in Ca. than most states because it is grown here, and even if electricity/gas is a little higher, because the weather is great almost year round, I spend a lot less on utilities than when I lived in a couple of different red states in the midwest. Property taxes are low due to prop 13 from decades ago, I bet my property taxes are lower than your at 1% of purchase price, roads are well maintained, the environment is clean, crime is low, and people are friendly and tolerant. Labor is respected in the state- not just capital, and people in poverty get help when they need it, even if they aren't citizens.

Your 'knowledge' is dead wrong, but you believe what you've been told what to believe, and you do as instructed without even thinking about it. I gladly live in a state where the median income and education level is 50% higher than in the bottom tier of states, which are OVERWHELMINGLY red states, where they think like you.

bacha29

You neglect to mention that those high income states also have the highest cost of living and the highest taxes. I've lived in Connecticut and Washington state, amongst others. I don't see the quality of life being better for what you pay out. For some reason some folks like to feel superior to others but from our point of view paying that kind of money in mortgages, taxes, pretty much everything in areas that often look blighted and have high crime isn't admirable. Not to mention some of those places have horrible weather. So sneer if you must, we're happy to be low on that yardstick.
The difference between the Northern states and the BibleBelt/Confederate states is that the people in the North and other Progressive states don't need a man with nothing more than a preacher's license and an eighth grade education to tell them what to do, where to sit, how to act, what to believe or who to vote for. Furthermore they know the difference between faith and mind control.

vantexan

Your response proves a point. You believe everything you read. Sure, in the biggest cities, in the wealthiest states, the cost of living is high because people WANT to live there. I live in California, in a smaller city, on 2/3 of an acre, in an area where homes sell between $100-200,000. Food is cheaper in Ca. than most states because it is grown here, and even if electricity/gas is a little higher, because the weather is great almost year round, I spend a lot less on utilities than when I lived in a couple of different red states in the midwest. Property taxes are low due to prop 13 from decades ago, I bet my property taxes are lower than your at 1% of purchase price, roads are well maintained, the environment is clean, crime is low, and people are friendly and tolerant. Labor is respected in the state- not just capital, and people in poverty get help when they need it, even if they aren't citizens.

Your 'knowledge' is dead wrong, but you believe what you've been told what to believe, and you do as instructed without even thinking about it. I gladly live in a state where the median income and education level is 50% higher than in the bottom tier of states, which are OVERWHELMINGLY red states, where they think like you.
My knowledge is based upon both research and visiting. Everyone knows California has nice weather, but you obviously don't live where most Californians live in terms of cost of living. But California isn't the only blue state and you can't begin to compare cost of living in the Northeast to the South, and my description of those areas holds up. Where we are born and raised isn't in our hands, and there's no ingrained superiority to being from any particular area, no matter how much you long to be. For me even the most affordable areas of the U.S. are too expensive to retire in for the working class, and I'm not going to work into my 70's then sit in front of a tv just so I can say where I live is better. YMMV.

Last edited:

vantexan

The difference between the Northern states and the BibleBelt/Confederate states is that the people in the North and other Progressive states don't need a man with nothing more than a preacher's license and an eighth grade education to tell them what to do, where to sit, how to act, what to believe or who to vote for. Furthermore they know the difference between faith and mind control.
You'd be scary if you knew what you were talking about. Tell me, where is all the population growth in this country? Do you think all those Nawtheners were forced to move south?

Maui

I think the differences are more urban vs. rural. In my experience rural CA is not much different than rural Tennessee (or Michigan or Montana). New England tends to have higher educational attainment, but even there the rural areas are similar.

Urban, dense cities have a different feel than the countryside and a different mindset. This divide has existed as long as the US has existed.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Well, with abortion being legal, you'll probably have less competition for a better job in the future.

Democrats came up with a horrifying hypothesis a few years ago. It suggests that most women who have abortions tend to vote Democrat and that more abortions equal aborted Democrat voters.

From a purely practical standpoint, abortion isn't going anywhere and if babies are going to be aborted they might as well be coming from the opposing party.

59 Dano

President Trump has issued an order that takes on the most pressing issue facing the American middle-class (where she-males can go pee pee)

Trump's order is that it's a state issue and his administration will have no say in the matter. The only reason it's an issue is because the previous administration made it one.

59 Dano

If I had a dime for every so called "non-establishment" candidate to set foot on the national political scene during my lifetime would have enough money to self fund a run at prominent political office myself.

Yet here we are with a non-establishment president who was expected to lose by an embarrassing margin and cause massive losses for his party all the way down the ticket.

Meat

From a purely practical standpoint, abortion isn't going anywhere and if babies are going to be aborted they might as well be coming from the opposing party.

Yep, positively amazing things happen when the other half of the two-party system is in office.

59 Dano

For all those on the right, explain this fact please-

It is the states run by democrats that have the highest per capita income and contribute rather than take from the national output. And the BOTTOM 16 are ALL run by republicans. Yet those poor fools still vote republican. Maybe be cause they are also lowest(slowest) in education.

List of U.S. states by income - Wikipedia

Per capita income stats are meaningless without also looking at costs of living. I can live better in TN on an average income than I can in NJ on an average income. Far fewer problems in TN and far less money required to throw at them.

Not that it matters, because the primary measure in one state vs another is quality of life.

59 Dano

And yet you have your Newarks, Clevelands, Detroits, Chicagos, DCs, LAs, and so on.

bacha29

Yet here we are with a non-establishment president who was expected to lose by an embarrassing margin and cause massive losses for his party all the way down the ticket.
Populist platitudes are cheap and plentiful and will only carry a candidate just so far for so long. To his credit Trump used platitudes and populist messages to get to the highest level possible. Today in a immediate results political environment windows of political opportunity are far fewer and close much more quickly. As an example Trump yesterday freely admitted the fact that healthcare is far more complicated than he thought and giving the American people a deal that is better and more equitable would be very difficult. Interesting too is that in his new budget proposal he's not going anywhere near Social Security and Medicare Likewise Orin Hatch today said that tax reform would be nearly impossible. And now you see Reps splitting over what to do about alleged Russian influence with the electoral process. Some want a special prosecutor appointed with findings made public. Others want the House and Senate Intelligence Committees to handle the matter with hearings held behind closed doors and the findings are immediately deemed classified and will not be made public without White House approval. It will take time for Trump to adapt to his new environment. The question is will he have enough time between now and the midterm elections.

Serf

You can almost feel the vitriol, resentment, and utter disdain you have toward fellow your fellow Americans.
Breaking News on CNN: Secretary Clinton won the popular vote in an election the Russians hacked for a Kremlin puppet to take orders from a drunken anti Semite, (Oh vey, Steve Bannon!) Viewers around the world are eager for CNN to tell them how President Trump de legitimizing the network in front of the world is a problem for women of color. And his weariness of anything the CIA briefs him on simply cannot be questioned as we continue to drone people to death in the name of Freedom and Liberty.

Populist platitudes are cheap and plentiful
So are sayings like; "Hope & Change." "Yes we can." and "Love Wins." As I blog from Starbucks on my iPad made in a factory in Beijing that has suicide nets on them due to terrible worker conditions. Simultaneously as the US funds Mexican Cartels with guns and money, and allows there homemade creation of ISIS to flourish. Let us take comfort in awkward little manlets like Wolf Blitzer beating the war drum for the US to provoke conflict in Russia, Iran, Syria, Yemen, Libya, and Somalia. While feeling real good about people who feel the need to chop off there genitals and being able to take a crap wherever they please that day.

It will be fine

You can almost feel the vitriol, resentment, and utter disdain you have toward fellow your fellow Americans.
Breaking News on CNN: Secretary Clinton won the popular vote in an election the Russians hacked for a Kremlin puppet to take orders from a drunken anti Semite, (Oh vey, Steve Bannon!) Viewers around the world are eager for CNN to tell them how President Trump de legitimizing the network in front of the world is a problem for women of color. And his weariness of anything the CIA briefs him on simply cannot be questioned as we continue to drone people to death in the name of Freedom and Liberty.

So are sayings like; "Hope & Change." "Yes we can." and "Love Wins." As I blog from Starbucks on my iPad made in a factory in Beijing that has suicide nets on them due to terrible worker conditions. Simultaneously as the US funds Mexican Cartels with guns and money, and allows there homemade creation of ISIS to flourish. Let us take comfort in awkward little manlets like Wolf Blitzer beating the war drum for the US to provoke conflict in Russia, Iran, Syria, Yemen, Libya, and Somalia. While feeling real good about people who feel the need to chop off there genitals and being able to take a crap wherever they please that day.
Was there a point to this rant?

vantexan

Populist platitudes are cheap and plentiful and will only carry a candidate just so far for so long. To his credit Trump used platitudes and populist messages to get to the highest level possible. Today in a immediate results political environment windows of political opportunity are far fewer and close much more quickly. As an example Trump yesterday freely admitted the fact that healthcare is far more complicated than he thought and giving the American people a deal that is better and more equitable would be very difficult. Interesting too is that in his new budget proposal he's not going anywhere near Social Security and Medicare Likewise Orin Hatch today said that tax reform would be nearly impossible. And now you see Reps splitting over what to do about alleged Russian influence with the electoral process. Some want a special prosecutor appointed with findings made public. Others want the House and Senate Intelligence Committees to handle the matter with hearings held behind closed doors and the findings are immediately deemed classified and will not be made public without White House approval. It will take time for Trump to adapt to his new environment. The question is will he have enough time between now and the midterm elections.
The FBI is saying there is no evidence of collusion between Trump and the Russians. The Press is saying otherwise. The Left just can't handle losing to someone they obviously feel superior to. Judging from his speech last night Trump and the Republicans are heading in the right direction. Bottom line special prosecutors are needed when actual evidence is found. Until then this is all sour grapes, and sour grapes over being exposed over what the Dems were doing behind the scenes.

bacha29

The FBI is saying there is no evidence of collusion between Trump and the Russians. The Press is saying otherwise. The Left just can't handle losing to someone they obviously feel superior to. Judging from his speech last night Trump and the Republicans are heading in the right direction. Bottom line special prosecutors are needed when actual evidence is found. Until then this is all sour grapes, and sour grapes over being exposed over what the Dems were doing behind the scenes.
When the CBO releases the deficit projection for the Trump spending plan it will make the Obama deficit look like toll both change. That's when Congress will step in as Lindsay Graham said last night. He called the Trump spending plan...." dead on a arrival" If the spending plan calls for major cuts to the EPA, Head Start FEMA, NIH and the Centers for Disease Control etc it will go nowhere. He's leaving Social Security and Medicare alone......for now.

dmac1

Naturally, as usual, you don't have it exactly right. What the FBI said is that they haven't found DIRECT evidence of collusion between Trump and Putin. But there are plenty of indirect contacts that are being further investigated, including through his new head of the Treasury Dept, who has some direct ties to Russians suspected of money laundering, and Trump was DIRECTLY involved in what is looking more and more like a huge $40 million profit for a couple months of 'investing' money in a property and selling it to a Russian oligarch suspected of embezzling.

But of course, if you don't want to believe it, or research it for yourself, just call it 'fake news' since it doesn't make Trump look like a golden god.

bacha29

Naturally, as usual, you don't have it exactly right. What the FBI said is that they haven't found DIRECT evidence of collusion between Trump and Putin. But there are plenty of indirect contacts that are being further investigated, including through his new head of the Treasury Dept, who has some direct ties to Russians suspected of money laundering, and Trump was DIRECTLY involved in what is looking more and more like a huge $40 million profit for a couple months of 'investing' money in a property and selling it to a Russian oligarch suspected of embezzling.

But of course, if you don't want to believe it, or research it for yourself, just call it 'fake news' since it doesn't make Trump look like a golden god.
One can only imagine how much money those guys owe the Russian banks and Russian oligarchs, It will eventually be uncovered and they knew that there would be conflict of interest issues when was uncovered. So why did they decide to go into public service?