Time for Ole Meat to Eat a Little Crow

It will be fine

Just another attempt by them to dodge admitting that their party has been uninspiring and out of touch, points that they reinforced the other night with Steve Beshear's electrifying performance.
No one cares about the opposition response to the state of the Union. That's why they put up an old retired man. The response speech didn't exactly help Jindal or Rubio. It always looks small following the president, why put up someone with a future.

vantexan

No one cares about the opposition response to the state of the Union. That's why they put up an old retired man. The response speech didn't exactly help Jindal or Rubio. It always looks small following the president, why put up someone with a future.
It wasn't the State of the Union speech. He just addressed a joint session of Congress to outline his policy proposals.

bacha29

Yeah, it only carried him to the White House.
. If you had bothered to read the next sentence you would have noticed that I made a specific reference to the back that Trump's platitude based nationalist message is what put him in the White House. How long it sustains him from a political perspective it may be only few months then again it might carry him through 2 complete terms. It all depends on how long the majority of Americans will buy into it. I believe that he over promised and if he under delivers his political base may have completely evaporated by the time mid term elections roll around.

MAKAVELI

. If you had bothered to read the next sentence you would have noticed that I made a specific reference to the back that Trump's platitude based nationalist message is what put him in the White House. How long it sustains him from a political perspective it may be only few months then again it might carry him through 2 complete terms. It all depends on how long the majority of Americans will buy into it. I believe that he over promised and if he under delivers his political base may have completely evaporated by the time mid term elections roll around.
2 terms?

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!

Someone in the party said, "Hey! We'll look good if we feature a guy whose state went full red at the state level for the first time in a million forevers and voted for Trump by nearly a 2-to-1 margin!"

It will be fine

Someone in the party said, "Hey! We'll look good if we feature a guy whose state went full red at the state level for the first time in a million forevers and voted for Trump by nearly a 2-to-1 margin!"
"Wow! That opposition speech really changed my mind and altered the public debate."

- No one ever

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
"Wow! That opposition speech really changed my mind and altered the public debate."

- No one ever

Just a reflection of what the party has to offer at this point. If they actually thought that offering a response was pointless and served no purpose, they wouldn't have offered one.

abused.crr

I'm calling a 2018 upset and house takeover by the dems. It's going to happen. The same way Hillary was predicted in a landslide. And I predict the dems will go from the amazing amount of 15 governors to 49 within the next four years. And I predict that the 2/3 of all federally elected dems that come from only 3 states will spread out and recruit more college kids by promising free wings, free testosterone/estrogen, and free rent in a parents basement until 26. I'm predicting this because of the positive and encouraging public protesting and yuge national base which is spread out across the U.S. (CA NY and MA)