**Timecard Shaving and Timecard Viewer**

Have you suspected timecard shaving in your paycheck?

• Yes

Votes: 71 68.9%
  • No

Votes: 27 26.2%
  • Don't care

Votes: 5 4.9%

• Total voters

derrick

every week i'm missing a hour or two on my check. and the following week they have to fix it. was told that even though i punch in on the diad at 10 mins before my start time I don't get paid until my start time. so I told them well if you speak to me about work you have to pay me to take my earphones out or respond.

Justaloader

When I look in the UPS Go app (or on the upsers website), I can only see my paychecks. I can't see any timecard info (I'm a part time employee, just started on August 26th). Should I be able to see that timecard info? Reason I ask - I just had this situation on Friday. Sup shot me a text, asked if I could come in and start early. My normal start time is 6:15. I clocked in at 5:30, and got to work. When I clocked out at the end of the night, at 10pm on the dot, the time clock showed credit for 3:45, instead of 4:15. Is the time clock set to start paying you from the "normal" start time, regardless of when you actually clock in? (I usually clock in a few minutes before start time...wondering if I should stop this and start clocking in at 6:14 on the dot).

VeeTeeGee

When I look in the UPS Go app (or on the upsers website), I can only see my paychecks. I can't see any timecard info (I'm a part time employee, just started on August 26th). Should I be able to see that timecard info? Reason I ask - I just had this situation on Friday. Sup shot me a text, asked if I could come in and start early. My normal start time is 6:15. I clocked in at 5:30, and got to work. When I clocked out at the end of the night, at 10pm on the dot, the time clock showed credit for 3:45, instead of 4:15. Is the time clock set to start paying you from the "normal" start time, regardless of when you actually clock in? (I usually clock in a few minutes before start time...wondering if I should stop this and start clocking in at 6:14 on the dot).

If the normal "start time" is 6:15, it will default to that for everyone on that shift no matter what time they clocked in(unless they clocked in after 6:15). Yours needs to be manually changed for that day to a 5:30 start, which for us is usually done after the shift when management is doing management work.

And if you're there at 6:10, you don't need to stand around until 6:14 to clock in unless you feel like it. You won't be paid until 6:15 anyway, but maybe you'd rather not stand next to the computer waiting until 6:14. Totally your call, won't change a thing about your pay either way.

nekopaw

Don't forget to file when not paid in time.
I am a PVD in central florida and from day one I have seen my time card been messed with really bad.
Never seen anything like this in my 38yrs of working for corporate and small and pap shops.

It's really low to see that a conglomerate company like UPS does this sort of scam on its employees.

Rest assure that I will be reporting this to the department of labor as well as to the local channels

What'dyabringmetoday???

I am a PVD in central florida and from day one I have seen my time card been messed with really bad.
Never seen anything like this in my 38yrs of working for corporate and small and pap shops.

It's really low to see that a conglomerate company like UPS does this sort of scam on its employees.

Rest assure that I will be reporting this to the department of labor as well as to the local channels
Lol.

giphy (3).gif

takesteady

Like 12 sups and a center manager got fired for shaving time at my hub. Idk what’s happening but they are coming down hard on these thieves LMAO

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Like 12 sups and a center manager got fired for shaving time at my hub. Idk what’s happening but they are coming down hard on these thieves LMAO
Fired?

They had a center manager get caught shaving time here about a decade back.
Got transferred far away till everyone pretty much let it go.

Now a driver supe in the next center over. I've never heard of them getting fired when they cheat for corporate...

jada miller

UPS unintentionally created a tool for employees to officially see that sups shave our timecards and edit/delete them as pleased.

Timecard viewer is inside the UPS Go app. Get in the habit of clocking your time using an app with a decimal hourly view like Work Log.

I use Work Log on Android here-

Work Log - Apps on Google Play

Get in the habit of loging your time immediately after punching out. Compare Timecard Viewer times to your app log.

Part timers should never have Unpaid Break time. If you are FT remember to account for unpaid time.

If you punch in late because of diad issues, or because sups are looking for work, you will show as late and not be paid for that time. Make sure to tell your sup to CORRECT your start time.

When you find your daily timecard off by 0.16 or more, you've been shaved for 10+ minutes. Ask for a print out of days in question and it will show who and when edited your card. It is not hard, they will just not want to do it. Take screen shots of shaved timecards because they are only available to view on Timecard Viewer for one week.

They can not change your start time with out advanced notice, or edit your card for any reason. Know your guaranteed hours and don't let them tell you different. Remember you earned every hour you work and need those hours to qualify for a pension year, EVERY YEAR.

Stop letting them steal from you so they can steal thier bonus. If you're getting *ed over, call them out. Nobody likes a thief.

Good luck with your stewards.
O, so I've been using this app for over 2 years. I am a part time driver an I have talked to management and filed many grievances over this. My punch in is at 12:30 but my timecard always say 12:50 an it only happens when I start at something like 12:30, 1:30.
I've been td its because the time card I'm using is off from ours.
UPS unintentionally created a tool for employees to officially see that sups shave our timecards and edit/delete them as pleased.

Timecard viewer is inside the UPS Go app. Get in the habit of clocking your time using an app with a decimal hourly view like Work Log.

I use Work Log on Android here-

Work Log - Apps on Google Play

Get in the habit of loging your time immediately after punching out. Compare Timecard Viewer times to your app log.

Part timers should never have Unpaid Break time. If you are FT remember to account for unpaid time.

If you punch in late because of diad issues, or because sups are looking for work, you will show as late and not be paid for that time. Make sure to tell your sup to CORRECT your start time.

When you find your daily timecard off by 0.16 or more, you've been shaved for 10+ minutes. Ask for a print out of days in question and it will show who and when edited your card. It is not hard, they will just not want to do it. Take screen shots of shaved timecards because they are only available to view on Timecard Viewer for one week.

They can not change your start time with out advanced notice, or edit your card for any reason. Know your guaranteed hours and don't let them tell you different. Remember you earned every hour you work and need those hours to qualify for a pension year, EVERY YEAR.

Stop letting them steal from you so they can steal thier bonus. If you're getting *ed over, call them out. Nobody likes a thief.

Good luck with your stewards.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201221-161127_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20201221-161127_Chrome.jpg
    109.5 KB · Views: 122
  • Screenshot_20201221-161136_Work Log.jpg
    Screenshot_20201221-161136_Work Log.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 104
  • 20201217_221452.jpg
    20201217_221452.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 132

Tech522

O, so I've been using this app for over 2 years. I am a part time driver an I have talked to management and filed many grievances over this. My punch in is at 12:30 but my timecard always say 12:50 an it only happens when I start at something like 12:30, 1:30.
I've been td its because the time card I'm using is off from ours.
Your first pic shows 12.5, NOT 12:50. 12.5 = 12:30