**Timecard Shaving and Timecard Viewer**

Have you suspected timecard shaving in your paycheck?

• Yes

Votes: 71 68.9%
  • No

Votes: 27 26.2%
  • Don't care

Votes: 5 4.9%

• Total voters

TerryLee

Temp PVD. I am a remote driver, I meet a driver to get my itinerary. The meet times varies, depending how many airs he has. I am always in the area waiting for his text for the meet time and place. When I look at my timecard viewer, I will often see an asterisk, saying I was late.
Being a temp, I don't worry too much, but it does piss me off, lol.

WTFm8

O, so I've been using this app for over 2 years. I am a part time driver an I have talked to management and filed many grievances over this. My punch in is at 12:30 but my timecard always say 12:50 an it only happens when I start at something like 12:30, 1:30.
I've been td its because the time card I'm using is off from ours.

12.5 is 12:30, not 12:50 LOL

AKCoverMan

I am a PVD in central florida and from day one I have seen my time card been messed with really bad.
Never seen anything like this in my 38yrs of working for corporate and small and pap shops.

It's really low to see that a conglomerate company like UPS does this sort of scam on its employees.

Rest assure that I will be reporting this to the department of labor as well as to the local channels
Everything about hiring PVDs is a way for UPS to take advantage. They screw the customers by sticking them with untrained, unprofessional, unsafe, non uniformed drivers in unsecured, unmarked vehicles. They screw the PVD drivers themselves by making them put their own vehicles on the line and bring their own insurance (most of which is invalid if the personal vehicle is used for commercial use) then screw them again by shaving their timecards. Finally they screw over Teamsters by farming out tons of labor hours that don’t have pension contributions attached. And all of this screws the UPS brand which in turn screws every UPS employee (union and management) in the long run. Nothing instills confidence in a customer than a guy with a cell phone in a beat up Chevy Nova pulling up to a commercial delivery location with a 20 piece bulk stop piled in the seats. Geez!

TerryLee

Everything about hiring PVDs is a way for UPS to take advantage. They screw the customers by sticking them with untrained, unprofessional, unsafe, non uniformed drivers in unsecured, unmarked vehicles. They screw the PVD drivers themselves by making them put their own vehicles on the line and bring their own insurance (most of which is invalid if the personal vehicle is used for commercial use) then screw them again by shaving their timecards. Finally they screw over Teamsters by farming out tons of labor hours that don’t have pension contributions attached. And all of this screws the UPS brand which in turn screws every UPS employee (union and management) in the long run. Nothing instills confidence in a customer than a guy with a cell phone in a beat up Chevy Nova pulling up to a commercial delivery location with a 20 piece bulk stop piled in the seats. Geez!
So many assumptions, most wrong.

I am retired after spending 40+ years in sales and marketing. I am very professional in my dress and appearance. My vehicle is clean and well maintained, washed almost every morning before my shift ( have unlimited wash membership) . I drive a small SUV with the back seats down to give a large cargo space.
My personal insurance has a ride share endorsement that covers both ride-sharing and deliveries.
I joined the same union you belong to, and pay dues.
I had the same route supporting the same driver thru out peak and developed great relationships with customers on my route.

You have a complaint about PVD's take it up with your union.

AKCoverMan

So many assumptions, most wrong.

I am retired after spending 40+ years in sales and marketing. I am very professional in my dress and appearance. My vehicle is clean and well maintained, washed almost every morning before my shift ( have unlimited wash membership) . I drive a small SUV with the back seats down to give a large cargo space.
My personal insurance has a ride share endorsement that covers both ride-sharing and deliveries.
I joined the same union you belong to, and pay dues.
I had the same route supporting the same driver thru out peak and developed great relationships with customers on my route.

You have a complaint about PVD's take it up with your union.
Great. Your the exception to the norm. Overall the program is simply trading quality service and safety for short term results on an earnings report. I watched a route delivered out of back of uncovered pickup truck. I went out one night with seven NSN packages for valid addresses.

We had one PVD get his car damaged (hit in rear). He was off couple days came back with damaged rear end for a few days then quit, Guessing he found out he had to get his own car fixed or battle with other driver on his own.

I’m sure you do s great job and I’m not disparaging individual PVDs just think the program IMO is currently done in a way that is bad for customers, year round employees, and shareholder alike in the long run.

And they are a “disposable” work force. We came in Wednesday and they all vanished along with helpers.

Last edited:

TerryLee

Great. Your the exception to the norm. Overall the program is simply trading quality service and safety for short term results on an earnings report. I watched a route delivered out of back of uncovered pickup truck. I went out one night with seven NSN packages for valid addresses.

We had one PVD get his car damaged (hit in rear). He was off couple days came back with damaged rear end for a few days then quit, Guessing he found out he had to get his own car fixed or battle with other driver on his own.

I’m sure you do s great job and I’m not disparaging individual PVDs just think the program IMO is currently done in a way that is bad for customers, year round employees, and shareholder alike in the long run.

And they are a “disposable” work force. We came in Wednesday and they all vanished along with helpers.
Yep, disposable we are. At onboarding we were told the job was to last until the second week of January.
Received a text this morning thanking all seasonals for their contribution during peak and we were no longer needed.
I enjoyed the physical part of the job, got me off my ass for a change. Had a fantastic driver and helper to work with and we all busted our butts to get everything delivered. I know how hard full time drivers work and know I could not keep up at my age.
I took the job seriously, but do know many PVD's would bail on drivers when it started raining, or got dark. I was in until the truck, oops, package car, was empty and then would offer to help if any other drivers needed it.
Back to part time Uber'ing and maybe sign up next year.

Stay safe out there.

35years

Gravy route
Clock in time is clock in time.

If the supervisor approaches me before start time I immediately ask him if I should clock in early. If not he can wait until I am on the clock.

Work every minute you are paid and get paid for every minute you work. A concept UPS management no longer understands.

Lucky747

UPS unintentionally created a tool for employees to officially see that sups shave our timecards and edit/delete them as pleased.

Timecard viewer is inside the UPS Go app. Get in the habit of clocking your time using an app with a decimal hourly view like Work Log.

I use Work Log on Android here-

Work Log - Apps on Google Play

Get in the habit of loging your time immediately after punching out. Compare Timecard Viewer times to your app log.

Part timers should never have Unpaid Break time. If you are FT remember to account for unpaid time.

If you punch in late because of diad issues, or because sups are looking for work, you will show as late and not be paid for that time. Make sure to tell your sup to CORRECT your start time.

When you find your daily timecard off by 0.16 or more, you've been shaved for 10+ minutes. Ask for a print out of days in question and it will show who and when edited your card. It is not hard, they will just not want to do it. Take screen shots of shaved timecards because they are only available to view on Timecard Viewer for one week.

They can not change your start time with out advanced notice, or edit your card for any reason. Know your guaranteed hours and don't let them tell you different. Remember you earned every hour you work and need those hours to qualify for a pension year, EVERY YEAR.

Stop letting them steal from you so they can steal thier bonus. If you're getting :censored2:ed over, call them out. Nobody likes a thief.

Good luck with your stewards.
They did it to me big time then fired me due to retaliation from grievance

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
They did it to me big time then fired me due to retaliation from grievance
I doubt that was the official reason for your termination.

They’re petty, I’ll give you that. But typically they just put a target on your back and wait for you to screw up.

Lucky747

I doubt that was the official reason for your termination.

They’re petty, I’ll give you that. But typically they just put a target on your back and wait for you to screw up.
Do you realize how much money they are illegal stealing from the employees...bullying,lying,intimidation,assualt...so much for dignity and respect

Lucky747

UPS unintentionally created a tool for employees to officially see that sups shave our timecards and edit/delete them as pleased.

Timecard viewer is inside the UPS Go app. Get in the habit of clocking your time using an app with a decimal hourly view like Work Log.

I use Work Log on Android here-

Work Log - Apps on Google Play

Get in the habit of loging your time immediately after punching out. Compare Timecard Viewer times to your app log.

Part timers should never have Unpaid Break time. If you are FT remember to account for unpaid time.

If you punch in late because of diad issues, or because sups are looking for work, you will show as late and not be paid for that time. Make sure to tell your sup to CORRECT your start time.

When you find your daily timecard off by 0.16 or more, you've been shaved for 10+ minutes. Ask for a print out of days in question and it will show who and when edited your card. It is not hard, they will just not want to do it. Take screen shots of shaved timecards because they are only available to view on Timecard Viewer for one week.

They can not change your start time with out advanced notice, or edit your card for any reason. Know your guaranteed hours and don't let them tell you different. Remember you earned every hour you work and need those hours to qualify for a pension year, EVERY YEAR.

Stop letting them steal from you so they can steal thier bonus. If you're getting :censored2:ed over, call them out. Nobody likes a thief.

Good luck with your stewards.
Try 60+ times and they say no one altered anything so where does it show who altered the time