Timeframe to fill bid job?

nineyearsUGH

Over 6 weeks ago, I bid an pt air driving job. I really want off my pt shift, but they keep saying that they need to hire x-number of people for my shift before I can move to driving. A week after my posting, four people on my shift bid ft driving jobs, and now it looks like they are going to fill the ft driving slots before mine. I picked vacations with the air drivers, but when will I get to drive? My steward and BA are not getting any leverage with the center manager. What can I do? Is there a deadline for the company to fill a new bid?
Thanks for your help

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I was told 30 days. I bid to a different center, and was told my a steward that I need to start filing on it since it has been over 30 days.

If you start filing the "hold up" maybe they'll hire some new guys or your shift a bit faster

ncupser82

I can't remember what my steward told me, but I know it didn't take 6 weeks! Start filing on it...make sure to include the article you're filing and be as specific as possible!

Sent using BrownCafe App

opie

Last year in my building they had a bid sheet for PT air driving jobs. And they never filled those jobs. What happened is that PT air drivers were going FT, and they did. But they all came back, disqualified etc...so they never had to fill those position(s).

UPSGUY72

Thanks for the feedback, but any idea where these terms are in the contract? I cannot find any.

You need to read your local supplement / rider and see what it says.

The time frame could differ depending on whether it a single open bid or a annual/ biennial bid where every ft/ 22.3 bids jobs in order of seniority.

nineyearsUGH

I can't find any language in the either the master or the ne supplement that defines a timeframe for filling bid jobs. Frustrating. My steward and ba just say it will be a while

UPSGUY72

I can't find any language in the either the master or the ne supplement that defines a timeframe for filling bid jobs. Frustrating. My steward and ba just say it will be a while

NE must mean New England. Apparently it's true you can't read...

Page 179-180

Article 57 Section 2 Bidding

(a) Biennial Bid

(3) All moves from the bid must be made by June 15th of the year
the bidding selection took place........

(b) Jobs - Inside to Outside

(3) .......... The bids and such moves shall be completed within 45 Days..............

Your Welcome

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

He is not talking about the biennial bid cycle. He is talking about the bids used to fill vacancies within a bid cycle.

Your basic reading skills are fine but you need to work on your contextual skills.

UPSGUY72

He is not talking about the biennial bid cycle. He is talking about the bids used to fill vacancies within a bid cycle.

Your basic reading skills are fine but you need to work on your contextual skills.

Could have been during the biennial bid since it was this year. But that's water under the bridge now we say it's wasn't during the Biennial bid so we all don't get confused....

Anyways he said he read the NE supplement and couldn't find anything..... I was just pointing out it's covered in the NE supplement he just missed it....

UPSGUY72

Let me correct myself the time frames I listed for them having to move you to your new job is for FT employees it says nothing about PT employees moving to FT position or other PT positions....

nineyearsUGH

upsguy72 I can read just fine, thank you. When I go to teamsters.org and download the NE sup, it's only 5 pages. If you would help a brother out and point him to the complete supplement that would be helpful.
Thanks to everyone else

Sent using BrownCafe App

UPSGUY72

upsguy72 I can read just fine, thank you. When I go to teamsters.org and download the NE sup, it's only 5 pages. If you would help a brother out and point him to the complete supplement that would be helpful.
Thanks to everyone else

Sent using BrownCafe App

Those that you speak of just cover the changes that where proposed and ultimately approved to supplement in the new contract...

You should have a copy of your old contract it's in there. Since that section didn't change you can read it from there. You not going to see a full copy of the new contract till they are ready to be printed and printed.

If your looking for the old contract you can find them at TDU.org and makeupsdeliver.org to name a couple of places you can also do a google search using (UPS New England Supplement )

As I said there is language in the contract but none concerning PT moving to another PT position or even PT moving to a FT job....

I would think that is for a reason. PT moving to a Driving position have to be sent to school and have a DOT physical and have a driving back ground check these all take time for that reason a time frame was most likely left out. With PT moving to another PT position this create a open postion that needs to be filled by an outside hire that requires posting a add online, doing interviews, doing back ground checks, etc Putting a specific time frame on how fast these two scenarios must happen wasn't feasible so that language wasn't put into the contract....

Last edited: