tipping loaders

Mr.Helper

My driver gave me 100 on Thursday with a card telling me what a great job I've been doing and thanking me for my hard work. It was completely unexpected. Such a nice gesture when I worried I might not meet or exceed expectations. Especially in the morning when I couldn't see the back door of the car through the open bulkhead door or even have a spot to put my backpack back there until five or seven stops later.

S

selfcancelsignal

I gave my jumper 100 bux for xmas. That young boy worked his nuttz off for me. The last day i got his paycheck for him before i left center and put the greenback under the flap of his paycheck= SNEAK ATTACK :censored2: lmfao.
Playin' Hollywood again I see, Jump. [emoji106]

werenotthepostoffice

deep down inside I really do not care
I give my loader $5 every day. I gave him $50 Christmas Eve. I've had the same loader since I bid this route 3+ years ago.

Those that don't tip;WHY? We make $1500 a week and your cheap but(sic) can't give your loader $50 once a year?

dropNbolt

My regular loader became full time driver. Got this kid who doesn't lip load, and kills me by putting smalls on the floor. I'm still a casual. So tip? Ahhh..........................no.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Truth be told, if I busted my butt all year and you handed me a twenty dollar bill I would be royally piss ed.
but you'd have no right to be pissed as we don't employ the loaders or financially owe them anything. The $50 I gave and the $100 you gave are a completely optional gesture to show appreciation. If a loader gets upset about a financial gift, regardless of the amount, they have entitlement issues.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

but you'd have no right to be :censored2: as we don't employ the loaders or financially owe them anything. The $50 I gave and the $100 you gave are a completely optional gesture to show appreciation. If a loader gets upset about a financial gift, regardless of the amount, they have entitlement issues.

I actually lowered mine to $50 to be in line with the other 2 drivers.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
A gift is a gift. I dont know what others give, or got. Mine is worth more than i gave. Rarely a misload. Hes just good and a great person. I tip 20% at restaurants, more if extremely good service. When someone tips me, it doesnt matter how much, or how little. Its that they appreciate me. Thats all i count.

A gift is a gift. I dont know what others give, or got. Mine is worth more than i gave. Rarely a misload. Hes just good and a great person. I tip 20% at restaurants, more if extremely good service. When someone tips me, it doesnt matter how much, or how little. Its that they appreciate me. Thats all i count.
I have customers that are embarrassed and apologize when they hand you 5 bucks. I say thanks a lot,that will buy me 3 beers at the VFW.

That always makes them feel better.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I didnt tip as a swing driver, but ive had the same route and loader for a few years. And as a senior employee if i cannot afford a nice tip at christmas, something is wrong with me

werenotthepostoffice

deep down inside I really do not care
I didnt tip as a swing driver, but ive had the same route and loader for a few years. And as a senior employee if i cannot afford a nice tip at christmas, something is wrong with me
We,as senior drivers,should set an example for others to follow. We are in no means obligated to tip our loaders or provide any form of remuneration for our loader doing the job they are paid to do.
This peak season my load was moved several times to different loaders therefore my load quality varied from bad to worse on the days it was moved. For the last two weeks it was returned to the normal location. My regular loader knows where to put every stop on my car,even though it is not in order based on HIN numbers but the load is loaded by my preference and at the end of the day that makes a huge difference.
Again,no driver is under any obligation to tip their loader but on those days where your loader totally screwed your load up,think how bad it made your day versus those days where the load quality was spot on.
I bring my loader food most days and slide him a five spot a few times a week. Giving him fifty on Christmas Eve was not much money based on what I give him daily but having the other two drivers pitch in fifty each made a nice little chunk of change. Oh by the way,his wife made up a nice little sweet treat Oreo Cookie Balls (?) never heard of them but anytime you crush Oreo's and form a ball and dip them in chocolate,it is good.

Remember,we bring home around $1500 a week,how much is fifty going to set you back?

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
We,as senior drivers,should set an example for others to follow. We are in no means obligated to tip our loaders or provide any form of remuneration for our loader doing the job they are paid to do.
This peak season my load was moved several times to different loaders therefore my load quality varied from bad to worse on the days it was moved. For the last two weeks it was returned to the normal location. My regular loader knows where to put every stop on my car,even though it is not in order based on HIN numbers but the load is loaded by my preference and at the end of the day that makes a huge difference.
Again,no driver is under any obligation to tip their loader but on those days where your loader totally screwed your load up,think how bad it made your day versus those days where the load quality was spot on.
I bring my loader food most days and slide him a five spot a few times a week. Giving him fifty on Christmas Eve was not much money based on what I give him daily but having the other two drivers pitch in fifty each made a nice little chunk of change. Oh by the way,his wife made up a nice little sweet treat Oreo Cookie Balls (?) never heard of them but anytime you crush Oreo's and form a ball and dip them in chocolate,it is good.

Remember,we bring home around $1500 a week,how much is fifty going to set you back?
I made sure when I gave my loader his tip there were other fellow drivers around to give the idea 2... Guilt them into doing the same.....lol.