Tips and techniques for defending a driver at panel.....

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
How about this guy is being used as an example to teach others a lesson? The center manager knows all the other drivers are watching this unfold. These same terrorist techniques work for keeping the population in line over in the middle east.

Perhaps if he had come in early, massaged his load, worked through lunch and break and clocked out as he entered the building he would still be employed?
Yup...let's all work off the clock like a bunch of scabs amd we'll all keep our jobs.

10 point

How about this guy is being used as an example to teach others a lesson? The center manager knows all the other drivers are watching this unfold. These same terrorist techniques work for keeping the population in line over in the middle east.

Perhaps if he had come in early, massaged his load, worked through lunch and break and clocked out as he entered the building he would still be employed?
Don't forget he needs to be active as the Safety Co-chair.

barnyard

KTM rider
We had a firing stick a bunch of years ago for close to the same thing. Driver worked at 1 speed alone, but when he was with a supe, he always made his numbers. He was typically 1.5 over and scratched with a supe. Fired for not being able to work without supervision and it stuck.

The company did their part by documenting it very well. They did 3 or 4 rides and established a pretty solid pattern. The driver was working his own bid route.

Sounds like the OP is describing a similar situation. Over a 9 hour planned day, 15 vs 13 sporh is about an hour, maybe a little more.

badsporh

He who is not with us, is against us.
He had his 3 day OJS letter of record ride, worked 5 days, and then they re-rode with him on the 6th day and discharged him TWICE the following day for supervised vs. unsupervised and also for continued methodical infractions. ........during the 5 working days he was about 1.5 SPOHR slower than the OJS.............5 other drivers were OJS'd at the same time and it was WEEKS before any of them received a follow up ride, and NONE of them maintained their supervised SPOHR and they ALL have received progressive discipline as a result of the follow up rides, only 1 of them has been discharged

badsporh

It's important to remember that everyone is still working pending panel......these are not Cardinal infractions......so no one has lost any time yet

badsporh

The shop steward was discharged twice because he was already in progressive discipline for leaving a NDA on the car in January and forgetting to do his DIAD training once in May

badsporh

The checklist that they use on an OJS is called a "gray bar" checklist. .....it has 21 methods listed across the top and room for 40 stops on each page......that's 21 methods to follow at each stop.........so 840 methods per page when you do the math........the most negative check marks he ever got on a page on any day of his OJS was 23............I'll let you do the math on what % of 840 he did wrong......and he got fired for it!!!!

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
We had a firing stick a bunch of years ago for close to the same thing. Driver worked at 1 speed alone, but when he was with a supe, he always made his numbers. He was typically 1.5 over and scratched with a supe. Fired for not being able to work without supervision and it stuck.

The company did their part by documenting it very well. They did 3 or 4 rides and established a pretty solid pattern. The driver was working his own bid route.

Sounds like the OP is describing a similar situation. Over a 9 hour planned day, 15 vs 13 sporh is about an hour, maybe a little more.
Isn't that why you should always work at the same pace even when OJS'd? Granted, I'm not a driver, but I have been OJS'd a handful of times after filing grievances (PT sup stalks you with a stopwatch and clipboard for 4 hours). I'll be damned if I'm gonna move faster because I'm being watched....I'm not gonna give them numbers to hang me with.

jumpman23

Oh Yeah
and like most people they blink once they are told how much it will cost just to get the case started.

UPS is not afraid of lawyers believe me. I should say lawsuits.
That's why you cant be an idiot an get a schmuck lawyer. You better get a lawyer whos busted UPS asz before in a lawsuit and won. They will take the lawsuit in a hot minute to bust that asz lol. Kinda like that supervisor in California who won 20 million dollars in a lawsuit because UPS wanted to play the SUPER SHADY GAME and they lost. Now that is funny as hell.http://www.bizjournals.com/prnewswire/press_releases/2012/08/28/SF64602.

badsporh

When you're a driver you're on an island on an OJS ride.......it's you against him......you're word against his.......it sounds pretty and cute and thug to say you'll go out there and do every thing at a methodical pass, but that is often not the reality of what happens......especially in small centers that have never had OJS teams come in

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
When you're a driver you're on an island on an OJS ride.......it's you against him......you're word against his.......it sounds pretty and cute and thug to say you'll go out there and do every thing at a methodical pass, but that is often not the reality of what happens......especially in small centers that have never had OJS teams come in
What's an OJS team?

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
It's a job of methods, not a job of pace. You can be disciplined for "methods" violations, not for "pace" violations.

I'd bet that in 26 years of other OJS rides, his methods were just fine and were not a consideration for discipline let alone discharge. So many ways UPS leaves the door open to shred their case. They don't expect to win tho. They expect to inject fear and intimidation into the minds of those drivers still working there. That's why it's so important for them to also stand up and let management know it's not going to work that way.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
That's why you cant be an idiot an get a schmuck lawyer. You better get a lawyer whos busted UPS asz before in a lawsuit and won. They will take the lawsuit in a hot minute to bust that asz lol. Kinda like that supervisor in California who won 20 million dollars in a lawsuit because UPS wanted to play the SUPER SHADY GAME and they lost. Now that is funny as hell.http://www.bizjournals.com/prnewswire/press_releases/2012/08/28/SF64602.
images.jpeg
15 million in punitive damages?? Daaamn

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I've been there, my sporh usually went down when they rode with me. This guy is a 26 year driver, 16 year shop steward he's got no excuse for not knowing how to do the job. If he's not working the same pace without a sup as he does with one then he's doing something wrong. I'm aware that they can do things like set up the load, help you carry packages, hold the door for you, etc but like I said, 16 year steward he should know to be documenting that stuff as well as the fact that he had different areas. Based on what you've told us I don't see how the company actually wins this one.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

Where was that ?

What is the case number ??

It's easy to look up.

-Bug-