Tips for new drivers!

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Is she hot?
HTTPS9tZWRpYS5naXBoeS5jb20vbWVkaWEvS2NJMW9MaUpscjRCeS9naXBoeS5naWYlog.gif

Richard Cranium

I'm new to UPS, was hired off the street through a reference. So far I'm still in my 30 days. I've completed 5 full days so far. Thursday was my first full day by myself. Supervisor rode with me first 3 days. Been by myself for 2 days. First day out I made like 3 mistakes and didn't even know how or why I just know I did lol but Friday I did no mistakes and was done about an hour early but I also only had 90 stops.

Anyway I struggle with learning residential neighborhoods. Any advice on learning them since I will be a swing driver once my 30 days are up. I've been told use a map and I plan on it but just any little tips to help cut out on using a map to save time and efficiency.
Turn on RDO

RDO is your best friend. Orion will have you trying to get to a box in the 7000's when it is impossible to get to them.
That happened to me Friday as well. I got to a neighborhood that was fairly small only had like 8 stops and it ended up taking me 30 minutes cause Orion screwed me up and was bouncing me all over the neighborhood.

margaritaville

Going to give a bland response instead of jokes. I would say if you can't find a package don't neccesarily look for it. SORT the area its suppose to be in until you find it. Also if you are in your 30 days go home and study google maps of the area of your route until you know every street. Just think of it as the same as you were going college and studying for a test.