Tips for preload

Hubzilla

Was a night side loader for 4 years, but my schedule changed and I had to move to pre load to stay with the company.

Loading package cars is obviously a bit more nuanced than feeders.

Just looking for some input from drivers or other loaders on how to get up to speed and get the the stuff loaded up to supervisor/driver standards. I'm sure it will take some time to get it, but some tips to expedite the process eould be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hubzilla

Drivers seem particular about the way it's done. Supervisors want production. One affects the other. Just want to keep both off my back until I get it down

Hubzilla

I've been lucky. Most of my sups have been new, so they're so overwhelmed by the job they don't have time for me. Which I'm totally fine with

UPS Preloader

Was a night side loader for 4 years, but my schedule changed and I had to move to pre load to stay with the company.

Loading package cars is obviously a bit more nuanced than feeders.

Just looking for some input from drivers or other loaders on how to get up to speed and get the the stuff loaded up to supervisor/driver standards. I'm sure it will take some time to get it, but some tips to expedite the process eould be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

You will never satisfy UPS's standards as they will always ask for more. Just do the best you can and above all, work safely. Know your limits and don't let them push you beyond that. You are in charge of your own safety.

Hubzilla

And in the right spot, nothing worse than looking for that last 2350 pal and you FINALLY find it on the 8,000 shelf!

Do you prefer labels out or facing forward and what are your expectations as far as the packages being in chronological order?

I really prefer not to make the drivers lives harder.

Hubzilla

You will never satisfy UPS's standards as they will always ask for more. Just do the best you can and above all, work safely. Know your limits and don't let them push you beyond that. You are in charge of your own safety.

Yeah. It was thr same on night side. I just find the break in period(and management) extremely annoying.

Brisket

Do you prefer labels out or facing forward and what are your expectations as far as the packages being in chronological order?

I really prefer not to make the drivers lives harder.
Out or up and as long as they are on the same shelf I'm good, but ask your drivers...

UPS Preloader

I will as soon as my newness doesn't make them want to kill me:-)

I find most drivers will be satisfied with the following:

1) The 1000 section is the most important. Make sure this section is in sequential order.

2) Try to do the same with the 2000, 3000, and 4000 sections. (Even though ORION might send you anywhere, you don't need to be as critical with the 5000-8000 sections.)

3) Keep all your bulk stops grouped together.

4) Put heavy stops in the back. If you get 10 cases of paper PAL'd to the 3000 section, try to put them in the back of the truck. (If I don't already know, I'll ask one of the stupidvisors if they are going to hit this stop or the RDL stop first and load it accordingly.)

5) Try to Keep misloads to a minimum.

This will make a great starting point and keep most drivers happy.

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
Our sort used to just barely stick the label on so that the loader could reposition it on an outward facing side.

My best all time loader made sure you could see as many spa labels as possible from the aisle.

This made checking for misloads MUCH easier too.

Do your best to sort floor stops sequentially also, and try not to block say, a 1300, behind or under a 1700.

Nothing worse than having to unload a bunch of shid early in your day just to get to what you need at at AM stop.

Matty_lawn

Poopin' on the clock
Just talk to your drivers and ask if they have preferences on how you load the bulk stops. Ask questions if you have any. Put the labels the correct way. Try to minimize misloads. Don't rush when sups try to pressure you to do so. If you break a sweat you're working too hard.

Brisket

Just talk to your drivers and ask if they have preferences on how you load the bulk stops. Ask questions if you have any. Put the labels the correct way. Try to minimize misloads. Don't rush when sups try to pressure you to do so. If you break a sweat you're working too hard.

Unless you are in a bldg in the dead of summer, no matter what you will sweat.

11251190_862739403795501_359303521_n.jpg