Tips for preload

Two Tokes

Give it to me Baby
Was a night side loader for 4 years, but my schedule changed and I had to move to pre load to stay with the company.

Loading package cars is obviously a bit more nuanced than feeders.

Just looking for some input from drivers or other loaders on how to get up to speed and get the the stuff loaded up to supervisor/driver standards. I'm sure it will take some time to get it, but some tips to expedite the process eould be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
File a grieve whenever you see a sup touch a box and tell them in advance. There is more pressure on this shift than any other

bumped

You want to ask my Dispatcher why a 90 piece(cases of books & magazines/1-5th stop of day at a Dock) is PAL'ed to 1800 while RDC/RDL/RCR/FL have less than 10 pieces. Over a year now...Im about to get fired for theft of 3 by 5 cards Ive left him so many notes asking If he can help/fix.

That's not your preloaders fault. This a problem with your dispatcher not fixing the issue.

Drink Craft Beer

The things to remember are:

Everyday is different. You can't load the same way everyday. There will always be the "unexpected" whether it be an ad-cut or a bulk stop.

The faster you load/work, the more susceptible you are to possible injury.

haller

Nah. I've only been doing it for 2 weeks. Now that I know what the job is, it's pretty obvious that it's not a great fit for me personally.

They asked the 3rd day on what they can improve on to make people stay. I had no answer but now after months i can easily say management.

Poop Head

Judge me.
Basic pt package handler jobs at ups

Loading trialers
Donkey-Kong-Sr..png

Unloading
back-pain-2.jpg

Sorting
73582539.jpg

Loading Package Cars
gun_to_the_head_RE_Seeing_this_video_made_me_shed_many_tears-s456x284-169462.jpeg

govols019

You smell that?
I loved being a preloader....Before PAS. Give me an alpha chart and a sharpie and I'm content. PAS took most of the mental aspect of the job away.

BrownInTx

Older post but I will throw in some input. Get rest, wash your hands before you eat , and definitely wear protection when playing with dirty girls.

New on here, I was hired in November. I was asked to stay and received my new hire packet. It says my start date is January 16. I was on schedule for this week, but now I am on call. They said seasonal drivers went back to preload. Is this normal?

PT Car Washer

New on here, I was hired in November. I was asked to stay and received my new hire packet. It says my start date is January 16. I was on schedule for this week, but now I am on call. They said seasonal drivers went back to preload. Is this normal?
Very much normal. Peak officially ended January 13th. Relax because people will start quitting soon enough and you will be working everyday. Or at least until you quit for a better job.