Tips for preload

Kitty1

Make sure the 1000 and 2000 shelfs are pristine. The 1000 shelf should have the first stop of the day so make it easy to find that. Leave a little space near the front of the shelfs to sort through the pile of packages, don't brick it all the way to the front. Keep the 3000 and 4000 in order (atleast get the 30XX packages at the front, not buried at the back) The 5000,6000,7000 and 8000 can be a little more out of order but the closer it is the better our day will be, especially during the summer when it is super hot, no one wants to dig for packages in the heat of the package car.
Question about this. These are things I have already been told but I always have a problem getting to the front shelves by the time air has arrived at my center (normally the last 2 hrs of shift) There are so many things taking up the floor space that I literally can't reach the 1000s shelf to make it nice. Any tips for making best use of floor space and dealing with bulk stops that have all large items?

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Question about this. These are things I have already been told but I always have a problem getting to the front shelves by the time air has arrived at my center (normally the last 2 hrs of shift) There are so many things taking up the floor space that I literally can't reach the 1000s shelf to make it nice. Any tips for making best use of floor space and dealing with bulk stops that have all large items?
I usually put the air in totes and place behind the truck if it is to packed

Harder than you'd think. They come fast.
source.gif

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Secret that your PT supe won't tell you:
It's OK to stack out.

Keep it neat and organized. As few stops as possible, but just losing the top two stops can make the truck far more usable.
Drivers would sooner help with bulk at the end of the shift than have a trainwreck of a truck.

I leave air out, and tote it under the belt like @Jkloc420 said.

Other than that, talk to the driver. he (or she), will know exactly how best the stuff fits in, and they should be able to help explain to you where they would like different stops.

And at the end of the day, remember it's just cardboard. Those drivers will get done sooner or later, and make good money doing it.
All you can do is your best.

542thruNthru

It's OK to stack out.

Keep it neat and organized. As few stops as possible, but just losing the top two stops can make the truck far more usable.
Drivers would sooner help with bulk at the end of the shift than have a trainwreck of a truck.

I leave air out, and tote it under the belt like @Jkloc420 said.

Other than that, talk to the driver. he (or she), will know exactly how best the stuff fits in, and they should be able to help explain to you where they would like different stops.

And at the end of the day, remember it's just cardboard. Those drivers will get done sooner or later, and make good money doing it.
All you can do is your best.
Only losers need to stack out.

PCLoadPackage

It's OK to stack out.
^^This^^ Do it strategically, of course.

For instance, one of my routes has a very heavy MFL stop almost every day. I stack out RDL so I can go all the way to the back door with my MFL load. This also keeps at least the back half the aisle mostly clear right up until the end when I stack the RDL in the aisle. Since it's the first stop, it's not in the driver's way, and she'll have a clear aisle after that.

If I had loaded that RDL right away "in the proper spot" like the belt sup wanted me to, then half the MFL would be in the aisle, would be in my way when I'm trying to load the air at the end of the day, and would remain in the aisle after the first stop.

Poop Head

Judge me.
Also, i know its fun, but you dont HAVE to load those 4ft long amazon boxes on the shelves so they stick out into the isle. Ohh, and those 72" flatscreen TVs, maybe dont load those on the foor crossways at the beginning of the shift.