Tips for preload

bumped

Don't overthink it. Just put the right packages in the right car and follow the PAL labels. Dump stops are PAL'ed to a specific location for a reason.

Two Tokes

Give it to me Baby
Was a night side loader for 4 years, but my schedule changed and I had to move to pre load to stay with the company.

Loading package cars is obviously a bit more nuanced than feeders.

Just looking for some input from drivers or other loaders on how to get up to speed and get the the stuff loaded up to supervisor/driver standards. I'm sure it will take some time to get it, but some tips to expedite the process eould be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Go to bed early and be on time. Give the packages a fighting chance to stay on the shelf and do your best to keep them in sequence. Make sure you have some music and ask your drivers questions This is a good shift to gain knowledge if you want to drive down the road

pkgdriver

Don't overthink it. Just put the right packages in the right car and follow the PAL labels. Dump stops are PAL'ed to a specific location for a reason.

You want to ask my Dispatcher why a 90 piece(cases of books & magazines/1-5th stop of day at a Dock) is PAL'ed to 1800 while RDC/RDL/RCR/FL have less than 10 pieces. Over a year now...Im about to get fired for theft of 3 by 5 cards Ive left him so many notes asking If he can help/fix.

wayfair

swollen member
You want to ask my Dispatcher why a 90 piece(cases of books & magazines/1-5th stop of day at a Dock) is PAL'ed to 1800 while RDC/RDL/RCR/FL have less than 10 pieces. Over a year now...Im about to get fired for theft of 3 by 5 cards Ive left him so many notes asking If he can help/fix.
is it a backwards load? we still gotta lift up to docks... so a backwards 1800 would help with all the lifting.

Hubzilla

I'm really not a fan of any part of this particular job aside from the hours(which is the only reason I made the switch).

I was hoping to unload TBH. Oh well.....

Dr.Brownz

Drivers seem particular about the way it's done. Supervisors want production. One affects the other. Just want to keep both off my back until I get it down

Make sure the 1000 and 2000 shelfs are pristine. The 1000 shelf should have the first stop of the day so make it easy to find that. Leave a little space near the front of the shelfs to sort through the pile of packages, don't brick it all the way to the front. Keep the 3000 and 4000 in order (atleast get the 30XX packages at the front, not buried at the back) The 5000,6000,7000 and 8000 can be a little more out of order but the closer it is the better our day will be, especially during the summer when it is super hot, no one wants to dig for packages in the heat of the package car.

Hubzilla

Make sure the 1000 and 2000 shelfs are pristine. The 1000 shelf should have the first stop of the day so make it easy to find that. Leave a little space near the front of the shelfs to sort through the pile of packages, don't brick it all the way to the front. Keep the 3000 and 4000 in order (atleast get the 30XX packages at the front, not buried at the back) The 5000,6000,7000 and 8000 can be a little more out of order but the closer it is the better our day will be, especially during the summer when it is super hot, no one wants to dig for packages in the heat of the package car.
How many peices behind the lipped one? Really can only do one without blocking the label, no?

Last edited:

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Can

How many peices behind the lipped one? Really can only do one without blocking the label, no?
a lot of drivers like the labels face down so they can't see then. eregs on top shelf behind small ones. also a lot of boxes up the middle of the truck and their dully missing.