Tired and feeling sick often when on vacation

ManInBrown

You have to do more than just sit on the couch while on vacation.
I went away for 2 of the 3 weeks. I wasn't doing any crazy activities but I wasn't sitting on the couch either. It's just too long for me. As much as I don't want to, I've found my body needs to stay in rhythm doing this job.

barnyard

KTM rider
I take 3 weeks in a row and the other 2 alone. When I get 6 weeks, I'll take 4 as a group. I usually lose weight when I take longer vacations.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I take my vacation weeks one at a time. I will take two weeks together if I have a specific project that I am looking to get done or if I am going to go somewhere.

I am having surgery the first of the year and will probably have to take the whole month of January off. The first few days post surgery will mostly be spent with my foot propped up on a pillow and me propped up on pain meds. I need to start planning ways to use the rest of the time off productively.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
A very quiet, dark room.... and pray that you don't have nausea along with the migraine.
If you get nausea, its almost over. Once you vomit, it generally goes away. When you get to that point, you have suffered way too long. The best over the counter medication i ever found, is premysin. I think it is still on the market. Its in the midol aisle. I used to give it to a kid on preload, who also got them. It worked if you caught it early.

If you get nausea, its almost over. Once you vomit, it generally goes away. When you get to that point, you have suffered way too long. The best over the counter medication i ever found, is premysin. I think it is still on the market. Its in the midol aisle. I used to give it to a kid on preload, who also got them. It worked if you caught it early.
I take midol.

upsgrunt

Multi week vacations work for me.
We just picked next years vacations, and I took 3- 2 weekers, and 2- 1 weekers.
The first week you detox and heal up from work, and the second you can actually relax.

onehandsolo

Funny you should say this. On Christmas morning when I had small children at home, without a doubt I would be sick, laying on the couch trying to participate. My husband always says I get sick only on weekends, holidays, and vacations. Never miss work. This syndrome sucks.

Leisure sickness is a real disease. The Internet as a lot of useful info on how to cope with it.

Cementups

Box Monkey
My ex used to get migraines to the point where she had to go lay down in a dark room.

A very quiet, dark room.... and pray that you don't have nausea along with the migraine.

I had one last night. So bad. A bit nauseous as well. I was laying on the couch with an ice pack on my head and a pillow over my brow so that I could still see the TV. I wanted to just jam an ice pick in my skull to relieve the pressure.