Title 45, U.S.C., Subsection 152, Fourth

CJinx

and a perceived illegal tactic goes unchallenged because it's much easier and safer to snipe from behind the mask of anonymity than to publicly blow the whistle.

You want a union for employees, but you aren't willing to shoulder the risk and the work that comes with that.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
and a perceived illegal tactic goes unchallenged because it's much easier and safer to snipe from behind the mask of anonymity than to publicly blow the whistle.

You want a union for employees, but you aren't willing to shoulder the risk and the work that comes with that.

One person filing an Unfair Labor Practice form isn't going to get the job done. I have shouldered the risk before and continue to do so in ways of which you are completely unaware.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is

Yeah, I'm real sure one person could do all that by themselves. You sit in a comfy desk all day and have no idea what it's like to be a driver and all the pressures and BS from the management involved.

Worship Smith (as I'm sure you do) if you want 'cause
you'll never understand. Seems to me he can crap all over us and you're ready for more. You also completely missed MFE's point. It naturally sailed right over your head.

Sent using BrownCafe App

bbsam

Staff member
It's a threat if management intends it that way...and they do. The implication is that if you vote for a union, you will not have a job. How can you not understand that?
I understand it perfectly. I don't understand an American public that is that dense to how a publicly traded company operates.

bbsam

Staff member
No, I'm not. You put yourself in my shoes, and think about how you'd feel about FedEx. There are a lot of folks who feel exactly the same way.
feeling like you do and doing nothing accomplishes nothing and the IBT isn't interested, so what's the endgame?

CJinx

No, I'm not. You put yourself in my shoes, and think about how you'd feel about FedEx. There are a lot of folks who feel exactly the same way.
If I were in your shoes, I'd be kicking myself for settling for a job with no options for advancement. I would never want to be a courier because where do you go from there?? I want climb the ladder, not hang out on the ground floor.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I understand it perfectly. I don't understand an American public that is that dense to how a publicly traded company operates.

Oh, so if you're a publically-traded company, you get held to a different standard? The law is the law, unless, of course, you have enough money to be above it. The GOP needs you, Sammy.

MAKAVELI

If I were in your shoes, I'd be kicking myself for settling for a job with no options for advancement. I would never want to be a courier because where do you go from there?? I want climb the ladder, not hang out on the ground floor.
I feel sorry for you if climbing the FedEx corporate ladder gives you a sense of accomplishment and fulfillment. And selling your soul must not be an issue for you.

P

prodriver

I don't feel like us couriers are on the ground floor we are the face of company, there are only so many management positions. Being a courier is an honest profession having ambition to do other things is good also. A lot of drivers never do anything else except run routes but that's quite alright it enables us to provide for our families.

CJinx

Maybe it was a poor choice a words. It wasn't meant to imply that it was an unworthy job; just that it seems that there is little room to advance one's career. I am personally not interested in doing the same thing in the same pay grade for decades. We all go to work to get a paycheck, I am interested in making that paycheck as big as I can and I'm willing to put in the work to make it happen.

Hell; you guys want that too. If some of you had your way, you'd be unionized and would have collectively bargained yourselves higher paychecks. The difference is that my way only requires one person: me.

bbsam

Staff member
Oh, so if you're a publically-traded company, you get held to a different standard? The law is the law, unless, of course, you have enough money to be above it. The GOP needs you, Sammy.
No. But a chairman with millions of investors does no simply "shut down" operations of a multi-billion dollar, profitable venture when facing unionization. That really would get Fred tossed. We aren't talkin about a mom and pop machine shop here.

Cactus

No. But a chairman with millions of investors does no simply "shut down" operations of a multi-billion dollar, profitable venture when facing unionization. That really would get Fred tossed. We aren't talkin about a mom and pop machine shop here.
Just goes to show you if Fred's moving his lips, he's lying. Too bad too many people believe his BS.

bbsam

Staff member
Just goes to show you if Fred's moving his lips, he's lying. Too bad too many people believe his BS.
Right. But I seem to remember this particular quote of Fred's from years ago. Possibly before it had gone public? Yes, that does make a difference.

Cactus

If that quote was from 1995/96 then it was already a publically traded company. But don't kid your self Sammy, Fred would try that approach even today.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
There are some VPs at Express who began their careers as - couriers.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Correct. I can file a ULP complaint, but I'm looking at he Big Picture and Aiming High in Steering. I'm just one person...we need the IBT to coordinate and organize nationally. Hoffa is still doing what he does best...nothing.

Excuses, excuses.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Hoffa Jr. isn't even a shadow of what his old man was. And his dad would be ashamed at the paucity of efforts Jr. is doing to keep the union strong and alive.

Darn right! Daddy wasn't afraid to bribe jurors or fund the mob.