To all you youngsters thinking about making UPS a career

N

Nothing by 1030 anymore

Recently retired 55 years old with 3 repaired hernias,herniated disk,brand new shoulder. A recent independent laboratory concluded the odds of retiring as a ups driver are 500 to 1..odds of being terminated are 434 to 1 within 10 years.

WorknLateHuh

thanks for the glimmer of sparkling hope...

But you will make the big bucks!! This comes with a price though, which is your body breaking down at warp speed unless you learn to take care of it at an early age, and develop healthy habits through your career.

oldngray

nowhere special
Recently retired 55 years old with 3 repaired hernias,herniated disk,brand new shoulder. A recent independent laboratory concluded the odds of retiring as a ups driver are 500 to 1..odds of being terminated are 434 to 1 within 10 years.
09.jpg

I got 30 in and still going strong. Sure I don't move as good as I used to. But I learned to take my foot of the gas pedal a little bit. I ain't letting these :censored2:ers kill me.

N

Nothing by 1030 anymore

Came back from workers comp with a new shoulder in July 2016. Was planning on retiring in nov. In the next two months was in emergency room twice for heat exhaustion. First time heat ever bothered me in 30 years. The second time the dr said it wasn't heat related and not workers comp. my manager said I couldn't work until cleared by my dr and then their doctor...and a new dot card. My wife begged me to retire. I came home..thought about it...drove back to work and retired

Came back from workers comp with a new shoulder in July 2016. Was planning on retiring in nov. In the next two months was in emergency room twice for heat exhaustion. First time heat ever bothered me in 30 years. The second time the dr said it wasn't heat related and not workers comp. my manager said I couldn't work until cleared by my dr and then their doctor...and a new dot card. My wife begged me to retire. I came home..thought about it...drove back to work and retired
Hopefully you can enjoy it. Good luck to you my friend.

oldngray

nowhere special
I sympathize with you and agree with a lot of what you said. I just questioned where those numbers of those independent studies came from.

I had to retire a couple of years earlier than I really wanted too because my body was wearing out.

N

Nothing by 1030 anymore

I sympathize with you and agree with a lot of what you said. I just questioned where those numbers of those independent studies came from.

I had to retire a couple of years earlier than I really wanted too because my body was wearing out.
Lol. I completely made it up lolol. Enjoy never having to work in hell again!