To all you youngsters thinking about making UPS a career

rod

Retired 22 years
I retired at 53 in great health after working all 30 years as a package driver--the majority of it in a P-800. Apparently it can be done. Once in 30 years I was off on comp for 2 and a half months for a herniated disk. Did traction and therapy and haven't had any back problems since. I went my first 17 years without missing a day other than scheduled vacations. I didn't work one day longer than I had to and haven't regretted it one bit.

Goodwiththebad

Just got brought on from a casual
, stopped working last Tuesday and went to pickup my last check, when I got to center sup said do you have your uniform? Said no, said go get it we are bringing you on to train for perm position

oldngray

nowhere special
But there is that interim time when management doesn't realize "effort is futile".
Resistance_is_futile.jpg

onehandsolo

I have noticed in my building that a lot of drivers seem to hit a wall around 52 or so. I am 49 myself and starting to fell the wear and tare on my body. The good news is I recover quite well on my vacations and I work out 3-5 times a week in order to prolong my career

Rack em

Made the Podium
I have noticed in my building that a lot of drivers seem to hit a wall around 52 or so. I am 49 myself and starting to fell the wear and tare on my body. The good news is I recover quite well on my vacations and I work out 3-5 times a week in order to prolong my career
Do you have an in town or extended route?

Mr. Sir

Box slinger
I'll never get why having a career at UPS has to be narrowed down to driving or working in a hub..I mean there are other ups avenues out there for those who don't mind it. Lol

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
I just switch to a rural route with a small town. Average day 95 stops 10 pickups about 190 packages total and 150 miles.

Almost the mirror of my area. Good luck. Best thing is take lunch before 2 pm. Shrinks the 2nd half of the day. Need time to get pick ups back. Otherwise stay out if it is put above a comfortable number you decide is too much.

rod

Retired 22 years
I just switch to a rural route with a small town. Average day 95 stops 10 pickups about 190 packages total and 150 miles.

Sounds like my old route. I had a few more pickups but the rest is about the same. I delivered to that "small town" for 25+ years.