Problems with UPS

Mr.B

I am Newby and having a problem with big brown. I have been with the company for 38 years and in 2012 I had lower back surgery rehabbed and back to work. I had second back surgery July 2016 and during rehab UPS said they were not letting come back this time. The surgery this time did not work very well. I am willing to settle my workers comp case but not penny's on the dollar and I am willing to take my retirement. Here's the kicker UPS has changed some dates on my part time to full time and not wanting to pay me for the first 7 years I worked there. I was hired as a preloader and 6 months later went into part time management. I did that for 6 1/2 years. Went to full time package driver in September 1985. I have been a driver of package and feeder for 32 years. UPS has changed my transition from part to full to January 1 1985 and saying I was not 25 years old and that's why I am not getting paid. Everyone knows they don't hire full time drivers in January, especially in a small center. I turned 25 in May 1985. They say it is up to me to prove to them that I started on the date In October.They also say that I was not hired as a part-time union employee that I was hired off the street as a part-time supervisor which is not true. I have found both the center managers for the Center I worked out of which has been retired for several years. They are The managers that hired me and the center manager that promoted me and they are both willing to back me up only on there word no paperwork. At the time when I went to driving I had the HR dept. send me a letter stating how much I would get paid for my management part time years. The letter stated I would be paid separate ck from my retirement ck.I have missed placed this letter or it was taken out of my locker. I have let them know they have the dates wrong but I am at the mercy of UPS. I have a workers comp lawyer be he says he can't help with the retirement issues

UPS Preloader

I am Newby and having a problem with big brown. I have been with the company for 38 years and in 2012 I had lower back surgery rehabbed and back to work. I had second back surgery July 2016 and during rehab UPS said they were not letting come back this time. The surgery this time did not work very well. I am willing to settle my workers comp case but not penny's on the dollar and I am willing to take my retirement. Here's the kicker UPS has changed some dates on my part time to full time and not wanting to pay me for the first 7 years I worked there. I was hired as a preloader and 6 months later went into part time management. I did that for 6 1/2 years. Went to full time package driver in September 1985. I have been a driver of package and feeder for 32 years. UPS has changed my transition from part to full to January 1 1985 and saying I was not 25 years old and that's why I am not getting paid. Everyone knows they don't hire full time drivers in January, especially in a small center. I turned 25 in May 1985. They say it is up to me to prove to them that I started on the date In October.They also say that I was not hired as a part-time union employee that I was hired off the street as a part-time supervisor which is not true. I have found both the center managers for the Center I worked out of which has been retired for several years. They are The managers that hired me and the center manager that promoted me and they are both willing to back me up only on there word no paperwork. At the time when I went to driving I had the HR dept. send me a letter stating how much I would get paid for my management part time years. The letter stated I would be paid separate ck from my retirement ck.I have missed placed this letter or it was taken out of my locker. I have let them know they have the dates wrong but I am at the mercy of UPS. I have a workers comp lawyer be he says he can't help with the retirement issues

What are you looking to get for the first 7 years? Did management offer some type of retirement back then for only 6.5 years of service?

Mr.B

Yes the letter I had gotten from HR had said I would get 225 paid by the company on top of my union retirement. Now that was before the company bought out the retirement. I had in my locker for years,but can't find it now. The company said if had been 25 at the time I went driving they would pay it. But they changed the date I went driving to before my birthday.