To route contractors, what % do u make?

Cflfdx

What would be considered a normal net from gross?

If my routes generate 1m from fedex for example, is 15-20% a reasonable expectation for net?

Considering the routes are ran decently, no crazy issues, accidents, lawsuits, etc.

Thanks in advance.

bacha29

What would be considered a normal net from gross?

If my routes generate 1m from fedex for example, is 15-20% a reasonable expectation for net?

Considering the routes are ran decently, no crazy issues, accidents, lawsuits, etc.

Thanks in advance.
Look, stop the hand wringing put your balls on the anvil and just do it. There is simply no way to ignore or mitigate the risks. They go right along with the territory. But, here's something to keep in mind. Up to about a year ago very few routes ever made it onto the broker boards and the ones that did the asking price was in almost every case 100-125% of a year's gross revenues. Now they're plentiful with asking prices that only rarely are in that range. The majority of them in the 50-75% of 1 year gross range.

In fact this morning I got an e-mail from a broker wanting to know if I would be interested in a contract in Texas......Gross receipts....$738,000 Asking price.......$350,000.
You are the only person who can decide if the rewards are worth the risks and if buying a contract involves money you simply cannot afford to lose then why in the hell would you want to do it?