To the few automotive guys here....

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Redtag_tech, Jun 3, 2019.

1. rod

rod retired and happy

Our mechanic only had 26 trucks to take care of but he was always behind. That's what happens when your toolbox consists of one ballpeen hammer and a bent screwdriver.

2. Poop Head

Poop Head rubber bands on the handle

Hey wrenches! Who should I gotta talk to, to get some more of that green windshield washer fluid? I came back from vacation, and my truck was topped off with the green stuff, instead of the blue. Seems to work alot better

3. PT Car Washer

PT Car Washer Well-Known Member

Walmart.

4. PASinterference

PASinterference Yes, I know I'm working late.

If you make it work, you will have 100 cars. It's the UPS way.

5. 1BROWNWRENCH

1BROWNWRENCH Amateur Malthusian

Too many to manage well for long. 40 total is more realistic for package.

6. 1BROWNWRENCH

1BROWNWRENCH Amateur Malthusian

Too many to manage well for long. 40 total is more realistic for package.

7. clean hairy

clean hairy Well-Known Member

No more chewing gum and coat hangers?

8. rod

rod retired and happy

no gum but I have seen coat hanger fixes

9. JL 0513

JL 0513 Well-Known Member

My center has 3 mechanics for about 50 package cars.

10. KoennenTiger

KoennenTiger Member

Hmm good reminder I need to find time to stop by auto and say hi to the new mechanic. Hopefully I can sweet talk a fan on this fancy pants new car I got last year.

11. BigUnionGuy

BigUnionGuy Got the T-Shirt

Why not request a fan.... and if the company punks.... file a grievance ?

"The parties agree that a package car driver requesting a fan in the cab of their vehicle shall make such request through the local Safety and Health Committee for approval.

Any disputes over installation of a fan shall be referred directly to the Co-Chairs of the National Safety and Health Committee for resolution. Such request will not unreasonably be denied."

https://teamster.org/sites/default/files/ups18-nationalmaster-final.pdf

-Bug-

12. KoennenTiger

KoennenTiger Member

Oh. My. Sweet. Jeebus.

I'm almost as happy as when I learned there was such a thing as a 9.5 list.

13. Blackadder 2

Blackadder 2 Active Member

UPS is cutting cost and having package cars that work are not a needed. Heck just think of all the miles UPS can save without using those evil brown cars anyway.

14. Feeder665

Feeder665 Go big or go home!

We have 2 mechanics for 108 package cars, 2 Air trucks, 1 Bulk van, 6 tractor and 1 yard dog.

For 2 years we had one guy, because one retired. He damn near quit. They hire a new guy right before peak finally. Both are still over worked. Parts on order is a common thing. I’ve been told by the new guy he gets to swap out perfectly good parts (like coolant hoses) for garbage stuff.

Also, they won’t install fans on the new package cars, because they are still under warranty.