To the few automotive guys here....

rod

Retired 22 years
Our mechanic only had 26 trucks to take care of but he was always behind. That's what happens when your toolbox consists of one ballpeen hammer and a bent screwdriver.

Poop Head

Judge me.
Hey wrenches! Who should I gotta talk to, to get some more of that green windshield washer fluid? I came back from vacation, and my truck was topped off with the green stuff, instead of the blue. Seems to work alot better

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
I don’t know how honest these answer are going to be. But I’m a new hire, and I’m the only tech in the building. I had a guy helping me out in the beginning and I haven’t really seen him here since. But my fleet is about 58 package trucks 1 shifter and 6 tp60’s. Does that sound normal for one guy at a building. What’s your fleet number wise in package trucks/ feeders??
Too many to manage well for long. 40 total is more realistic for package.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
I don’t know how honest these answer are going to be. But I’m a new hire, and I’m the only tech in the building. I had a guy helping me out in the beginning and I haven’t really seen him here since. But my fleet is about 58 package trucks 1 shifter and 6 tp60’s. Does that sound normal for one guy at a building. What’s your fleet number wise in package trucks/ feeders??
Too many to manage well for long. 40 total is more realistic for package.

KoennenTiger

Hmm good reminder I need to find time to stop by auto and say hi to the new mechanic. Hopefully I can sweet talk a fan on this fancy pants new car I got last year.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Hmm good reminder I need to find time to stop by auto and say hi to the new mechanic. Hopefully I can sweet talk a fan on this fancy pants new car I got last year.

Why not request a fan.... and if the company punks.... file a grievance ?

"The parties agree that a package car driver requesting a fan in the cab of their vehicle shall make such request through the local Safety and Health Committee for approval.

Any disputes over installation of a fan shall be referred directly to the Co-Chairs of the National Safety and Health Committee for resolution. Such request will not unreasonably be denied."

https://teamster.org/sites/default/files/ups18-nationalmaster-final.pdf

-Bug-

KoennenTiger

Why not request a fan.... and if the company punks.... file a grievance ?

"The parties agree that a package car driver requesting a fan in the cab of their vehicle shall make such request through the local Safety and Health Committee for approval.

Any disputes over installation of a fan shall be referred directly to the Co-Chairs of the National Safety and Health Committee for resolution. Such request will not unreasonably be denied."

https://teamster.org/sites/default/files/ups18-nationalmaster-final.pdf

-Bug-

Oh. My. Sweet. Jeebus.

I'm almost as happy as when I learned there was such a thing as a 9.5 list.

Blackadder 2

UPS is cutting cost and having package cars that work are not a needed. Heck just think of all the miles UPS can save without using those evil brown cars anyway.

Feeder665

Go big or go home!
We have 2 mechanics for 108 package cars, 2 Air trucks, 1 Bulk van, 6 tractor and 1 yard dog.

For 2 years we had one guy, because one retired. He damn near quit. They hire a new guy right before peak finally. Both are still over worked. Parts on order is a common thing. I’ve been told by the new guy he gets to swap out perfectly good parts (like coolant hoses) for garbage stuff.

Also, they won’t install fans on the new package cars, because they are still under warranty.

BiggieBrown

Our mechanic has about 30 trucks and he also changes out the argon canisters for the fuel pump because I pretend that I don't know how to.