To the idiot.....

kingOFchester

Amazon should not have been guaranteeing anything on the 23rd.

They knew it would never happen.

Amazon is at fault not UPS.

If Amazon knew it would never happen, then so should of UPS. And if UPS knew it wouldn't happen then UPS should of released a PR statement stating "we are at capacity, and even though retailers are stating that your purchases will be delivered by Christmas, we will not be able to full fill their promise"

UPS would of looked bad, but not as bad as they look now.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
I did not work xmas eve, first time in 27 years of driving.

My route was cut because 85% of the businesses were closed.

Most drivers in my center worked at least 10 hours.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
If Amazon knew it would never happen, then so should of UPS. And if UPS knew it wouldn't happen then UPS should of released a PR statement stating "we are at capacity, and even though retailers are stating that your purchases will be delivered by Christmas, we will not be able to full fill their promise"

UPS would of looked bad, but not as bad as they look now.
UPS made so much money this peak it is crazy.
Corporate does not care about bad PR.

So neither will I.

I will make 100k plus again in 2014 so I really DNGAF.

kingOFchester

UPS made so much money this peak it is crazy.
Corporate does not care about bad PR.

So neither will I.

I will make 100k plus again in 2014 so I really DNGAF.

It would not surprise me if there were closed doors communication between UPS and Amazon. They agreed to screw over the consumer, and let the chips fall where they land.

I only hope that UPS had a deal with Amazon for 2014 before going along with a plan to just make a cash grab.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
Who else will handle Amazon volume?
Surely not Fedex Express and Ground.
Those worthless companies refused the volume this year and most Fedex ramps/stations are still a disaster.

kingOFchester

Who else will handle Amazon volume?
Surely not Fedex Express and Ground.
Those worthless companies refused the volume this year and most Fedex ramps/stations are still a disaster.

True,

Amazon is like UPS. UPS wants their cake and eat it too, even going back for seconds. UPS wants drivers to get more work done with less time, but have all kinds of safety rules. Get hurt, its your fault. Follow all the safety rules, and you won't get your work done and then have a bulls eye on your back.

Amazon wants total market share. Close all retailers and they will also have their own shipping infrastructure.

kingOFchester

Amazon will be unleashing hordes or drones and UPS will cease to exsist in 5 years.

Good thing I retire in 3.

The drone thing isn't happening any time soon.

Amazon's drone thing was just a publicity stunt. Perhaps even to send a message to UPS and Fedex that Amazon is looking at taking the shipping aspect in house. Send that message just before peak to motivate UPS/Fedex.

W

westsideworma

I know our building was simply not designed to process the amount of pkgs we got this year...end of discussion. We can spin it all we want, but we did the absolute best we could with what we had and in the end it just wasn't enough. We added routes that had no loader to load them and no driver to deliver them and I'm sure we weren't alone in this. I don't know the lesson to be learned here because it would take someone who actually sees the front lines to make a worthwhile suggestion for change and I don't know how often those people are heard by those far above.

Waste Manager

So let's recap here..
The system was overloaded..drivers working long hours(as always-forced OT)..
The shipper(Amazon) is not reaching the projected sales volume as forecasted in Sept,from which the shipping company(UPS,Fedex) has 'based' their staffing needs on..so the shipper decides to change the marketing,and starts pushing(emailing past and present customers almost daily-buy!-BUY!-BUY!..to up the volume..
The avalanche starts....and weather starts affecting certain areas of North America,it's winter,it snows,things ice up,etc..
Things get delayed,but the avalanche is starting to gain momentum as the emailing campaign picks up speed,sales are up..but the goods are slowing down.
Then the shipper approaches Fedex..''sorry,we're full-our system is already at capacity,and we are struggling to get what we already have delvd in time due to the volume,weather etc...maybe try UPS?''

UPS says sure why not..our IE dept says we can...maybe..

Stuff arrives on 24th..not sure about the rest of the centers..but when our air arrived..it sat in the bldg for awhile..as yet another conference call was going on( watched that phone line as to how long it was lit for)..I was told..I want you out of here at your finish time-SHARP!..huh?

Because, they decided to hold off scanning the pkgs as future/holiday etc..until it was too late for the customer to realize what had happened..

And the avalanche of anger of non -delivered pkgs started in the late afternoon..(depending on your time zone)..as the scans started showing up on line..

Burned businesses..to try and get the resi's delvd...think the businesses are happy now?..never mind the non delvd resi's..

The bonuses were handed out at beginning of December..do ya think they will have to give them back??

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Is the Teamster's pension a pyramid scheme like Soc Sec?
I would think it would be solvent without UPS contributions for existing retirees.
Not sure about "yet to retire" employees.
Most pension plans accelerate your accrued value in the last 5 years before "Full Pension".

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Is the Teamster's pension a pyramid scheme like Soc Sec?
I would think it would be solvent without UPS contributions for existing retirees.
Not sure about "yet to retire" employees.
Most pension plans accelerate your accrued value in the last 5 years before "Full Pension".
Quoting yourself now?
A follow up on quoted post that did not address current employees.
Reading comprehension is an acquired ability.

Plus my butt was itching.