To UPS Customers Reading This Site -

Livin the Dream?

Disillusioned UPSer
I am kind of blown away. I would say speechless, but I do believe that is an impossibility.

Dizzee, DS, it is a JOKE, a SPOOF - a funny, a haha. An attempt to be humorous, a feeble attempt at humor.

When reading this thread this morning, first thing I wanted to say when I replied was "Lighten Up, Francis", but Dorkhead beat me to it!

Leave it to me to write things down that we all have a portion of locked up in our head somewhere. Clearly, nobody here looks for & smashes boxes with multiple "Fragile" stickers on them (but everyone who has had that thought, please raise your hands) And I'd venture to say that EVERYONE here has looked at a package at one time or another & asked "what the hell were they thinking?"

And of course if we saw a box packaged in dry ice saying "Human Liver for Transplant - deliver immediately!!!! Thank you, God" we would all do our best to find the nearest payphone, make an anonymous call to the recepient, and say "...How much is little Timmy's life worth to you? Meet me, alone, with a bag of cash behind the Wal-Mart, alone, in an hour..."

I am kind of blown away. I would say speechless, but I do believe that is an impossibility.

Dizzee, DS, it is a JOKE, a SPOOF - a funny, a haha. An attempt to be humorous, a feeble attempt at humor.

When reading this thread this morning, first thing I wanted to say when I replied was "Lighten Up, Francis", but Dorkhead beat me to it!

Leave it to me to write things down that we all have a portion of locked up in our head somewhere. Clearly, nobody here looks for & smashes boxes with multiple "Fragile" stickers on them (but everyone who has had that thought, please raise your hands) And I'd venture to say that EVERYONE here has looked at a package at one time or another & asked "what the hell were they thinking?"

And of course if we saw a box packaged in dry ice saying "Human Liver for Transplant - deliver immediately!!!! Thank you, God" we would all do our best to find the nearest payphone, make an anonymous call to the recepient, and say "...How much is little Timmy's life worth to you? Meet me, alone, with a bag of cash behind the Wal-Mart, alone, in an hour..."
I got it from the start, though I don't think I would have addressed it to the customers reading this site. LOL, some thoughts are best kept from tender eyes.
I must say though, you kinda lost me on the last paragraph.

brownIEman

This thread is mostly entertainment and blowing off of steam. Yes, I care about our customers packages and I know service to them is the only reason any of us work here, but I see no problem with blowing off steam once in a while in a non destructive way.

Moneythehardway

This thread is mostly entertainment and blowing off of steam. Yes, I care about our customers packages and I know service to them is the only reason any of us work here, but I see no problem with blowing off steam once in a while in a non destructive way.

And I'm sure that's DS's point........little do we know, this particular joke COULD be destructive.

Although we see who post, we don't see all of the lurkers. And if just so happened a good client of ours stumbled across this site, and can remember a time (or times) when they've received damaged goods.....this post won't help ease their minds, but will help them ease their wallets and go elsewhere.

I guess the motto is: "Oh well."

And I'm sure that's DS's point........little do we know, this particular joke COULD be destructive.

Although we see who post, we don't see all of the lurkers. And if just so happened a good client of ours stumbled across this site, and can remember a time (or times) when they've received damaged goods.....this post won't help ease their minds, but will help them ease their wallets and go elsewhere.

I guess the motto is: "Oh well."
I don't think many people would read this and not know it's a joke. sorta.

rod

Retired 22 years
Yes, just like I expect the guy making $7.25 not to honk one up on my Big Mac.

This is why I would NEVER send my food back at any resturant kitchen because it wasn't prepared to my liking. I would complain about it to the manager but wouldn't think of sending it back. Believe it or not "the cooks getting even" happens at even the best resturants. If you don't believe me just talk to anyone who has ever worked in any resturant kitcnen. Don't fall for the "we will cook you another one " story either as that will come with a hidden surprise for sure.

sealbasher

And of course if we saw a box packaged in dry ice saying "Human Liver for Transplant - deliver immediately!!!! Thank you, God" we would all do our best to find the nearest payphone, make an anonymous call to the recepient, and say "...How much is little Timmy's life worth to you? Meet me, alone, with a bag of cash behind the Wal-Mart, alone, in an hour...

ive worked with ds for a long timeu should watch what u say

Last edited by a moderator:

evilleace

I agree maybe the name of the thread should be changed so that it is not addressed to customers if I was shipping something UPS I would not be encouraged by this thread

Fenah

Although its suppose to be funny, your just saying what were all thinking :P. I usually try to do my best with package handling, but when they push you sometimes, you scratch your head and say package Hand....ling? Oh and use more then one piece of tape to keep the box closed. USE 50! :D

UPSNewbie

Been with the company 17 years, I still remember I had just strarted, and one of the guys I was loading next to would whack those sensors every time he saw one. I remember thinking, "if the supervisor catches you doing that, you are screwed". Not 5 minutes after thinking that, the sup comes up to the belt, looks at a package with one of the stickers on it, pulls out a black pen, and says "White blus black make RED" and smacks the shock sticker with the pen turning from it from white to red...

I lol'd.

Ahhh, the innocence is heart warming. I guess you have to be into 'rackets' to understand that last paragraph!!
.-Corrado John Soprano, Jr
From the HBO series The Sopranos ? Never watched an episode. Although I understood what he was implying, I just didn't think it was that funny. sorry

JimJimmyJames

Big Time Feeder Driver
This is why I would NEVER send my food back at any resturant kitchen because it wasn't prepared to my liking. I would complain about it to the manager but wouldn't think of sending it back. Believe it or not "the cooks getting even" happens at even the best resturants. If you don't believe me just talk to anyone who has ever worked in any resturant kitcnen. Don't fall for the "we will cook you another one " story either as that will come with a hidden surprise for sure.

If it was to the point of being inedible I would never send it back either. I would instead ask for them to take it off the bill.