Today

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Because you're spreading misinformation and new UPSers might be naive enough to fall for a center manager making their own rules especially when they see people on here posting the same garbage.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

The 8 hour guarantee guarantees you 8 hours and has nothing to do with the rate of pay. If you report you get 8 hours at whatever the applicable rate is for the day.

Our supplement states that we are only guaranteed 4 hours if called in and put to work on a Sunday. (Article 53, Section 2---Paid For Time)

I worked today to pay for the dead day that I am taking on 12/26. The math shows that I did just that, which was more than enough for me.

upschuck

If Upstate only wants 5.5 hours, then let him only get the 5.5 hours. If anybody want 8 hours that is up to that individual as well. Not everybody wants 8 hours and is willing to take actual. To each his/her own.

I would only have a problem with him getting paid 5.5 hours and had requested 8 hours, but since his supplement only guarantees 4 hours, then he beat that anyway.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

They put 40 routes on road with the sole purpose of getting us off road as soon as possible. They could have very easily only put 30 routes and gave everyone 8-10 hours of work but they knew that no one, including management, wanted to be there on a Sunday.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
They put 40 routes on road with the sole purpose of getting us off road as soon as possible. They could have very easily only put 30 routes and gave everyone 8-10 hours of work but they knew that no one, including management, wanted to be there on a Sunday.
I'm not sure about the easy part.
If they went with 30, they would have to have a different plan than tomorrow. At least keeping the 40, any packages left in car can be placed in the exact same PAL spot.
I know my route was taken out on the road today, which I regret not signing up for thinking I'd be forced on another area instead. It would have been easy money.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Our supplement states that we are only guaranteed 4 hours if called in and put to work on a Sunday. (Article 53, Section 2---Paid For Time)

I worked today to pay for the dead day that I am taking on 12/26. The math shows that I did just that, which was more than enough for me.
My mistake. I wasn't aware your supplement was so poor. We have no such clause in our Sunday language allowing them to cut our guarantee in half.