Today

NEnewbie

I feel like an elf.
Diesel and gasoline engine exhaust inside a building where the air getscloudy from it doesn't bother you, but smoke from one cigarette and you'll pass out or call 911? Trooooooll

Allergies can be finicky, I am also allergic to chocolate, pineapple, specific scented candles, and contrast dye used in some medical tests.
You would think I would get affected by the exhausts and dust but I know I do not.

It's very scary though when I get the allergic reaction but I know I can do the job well and I will do the job well and have a very nice career at UPS, then retire and head to my future cabin in the woods with my as of yet unmet husband once I find a man who is worthy of me. I am still looking.

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
Diesel and gasoline engine exhaust inside a building where the air gets cloudy from it doesn't bother you, but smoke from one cigarette and you'll pass out or call 911? Trooooooll....lol

Now BB. Your in Brooklyn. I do know the air outside of a Ups building is just as fresh as what's inside of it

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
Allergies can be finicky, I am also allergic to chocolate, pineapple, specific scented candles, and contrast dye used in some medical tests.
You would think I would get affected by the exhausts and dust but I know I do not.

It's very scary though when I get the allergic reaction but I know I can do the job well and I will do the job well and have a very nice career at UPS, then retire and head to my future cabin in the woods with my as of yet unmet husband once I find a man who is worthy of me. I am still looking.
]Thank you for all of the replies. I truly appreciate the positive advice given to me. I woke up at 4:30AM and am in the middle of getting ready to call in at 6AM to see where I am posted today. I am eager to work and I enjoy being outside delivering packages.
I am going to take the advice and request a driver who is a non-smoker. I am not working to get anyone in trouble or snitch on anyone, I bust my ass for the drivers when I work, not only is it law as I have found out in Massachusetts but it's my right to a safe workplace.

.....up and he refused, told me to " off bitch you are blacklisted just like the last 7 I had", then peeled away leaving me on the side of the road. Shocked at the unprofessionalism I sat down on the side of the road to catch my breath and then call my husband at his job to come pick me up.

I am not here to fight other posters or snitch on drivers, even as one as profoundly stupid as this one. He was out there trying to provide for his family and so am I. I bust my ass for the drivers and I take pride in getting the job done as fast as possible for them so we can both go home sooner. It's not out of line to demand a safe work environment.

This is a part of a post of yours from the smoking thread. You said you called your husband to pick you up after Smokey Joe driver left you. Now you don't have a husband.
Like I said, you suck at keeping your stories straight...lol.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Apparently, his/her's/it's husband/wife/life partner/pet is not worthy of him/her/whatever.

I, for one, am out.

(The ignore button is a wonderful feature.;))

NEnewbie

I feel like an elf.
]Thank you for all of the replies. I truly appreciate the positive advice given to me. I woke up at 4:30AM and am in the middle of getting ready to call in at 6AM to see where I am posted today. I am eager to work and I enjoy being outside delivering packages.
I am going to take the advice and request a driver who is a non-smoker. I am not working to get anyone in trouble or snitch on anyone, I bust my ass for the drivers when I work, not only is it law as I have found out in Massachusetts but it's my right to a safe workplace.

Yes, I did not do my homework in regards to the law before hand. But now I know thanks to some kind posters here and I thank you for helping me.

I would like to clarify something, I have several severe allergies and when I am exposed to cigarette smoke my eyes flush with tears, my breathing becomes very difficult, I start to sneeze almost uncontrollably and my nose runs like a river. This has nothing to do with being "whiny" and not liking the smell of the smoke. The smoke is very dangerous to me. That is what I meant when I said I presented medical documentation to the HR person when I was hired. It says clearly on there how detrimental to my health the smoke is. I assumed HR would be professional and pair me with non-smoking drivers. I guessed they missed it - or dismissed it as not serious even though the documentation was right in front of them from my doctor.

After about an hour of trying to endure the smoke, I literally could not catch my breath and I demanded the driver stop the car or I was going to call 911. Please remember I had already asked him to return me to the pickup point less than a mile after getting picked up and he refused saying he needed me or he would be out till 11PM. I was on the verge of panic that is why I had to threaten 911, I have passed out in the past due to allergic reactions and I knew I was on that road. This finally got his attention and he stopped and I just got out to breathe. I then asked to be taken back to where he picked me up and he refused, told me to " off bitch you are blacklisted just like the last 7 I had", then peeled away leaving me on the side of the road. Shocked at the unprofessionalism I sat down on the side of the road to catch my breath and then call my husband at his job to come pick me up.

I am not here to fight other posters or snitch on drivers, even as one as profoundly stupid as this one. He was out there trying to provide for his family and so am I. I bust my ass for the drivers and I take pride in getting the job done as fast as possible for them so we can both go home sooner. It's not out of line to demand a safe work environment.
This is a post ofyours from the smoking thread. You said you called your husband to pick you up after Smokey Joe driver left you. Now you don't have a husband.
Like I said, you suck at keeping your stories straight...lol.
[/quote]

You are assuming I am planning to stay with the man I am currently married to. I married him when I was 23 and it's not working out. I am just getting everything in order when I divorce him. I said my unmet husband that I will retire to the cabin with, and trust me it IS NOT going to be with the unambitious manchild I am currently married to.

It's unfortunate than X-Files is off the air, you could write scripts for them since you see conspiracy everywhere. :overreactsmiley:

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

You are assuming I am planning to stay with the man I am currently married to. I married him when I was 23 and it's not working out. I am just getting everything in order when I divorce him. I said my unmet husband that I will retire to the cabin with, and trust me it IS NOT going to be with the unambitious manchild I am currently married to.

It's unfortunate than X-Files is off the air, you could write scripts for them since you see conspiracy everywhere. :overreactsmiley:[/quote]

How hot of an old gal are ya

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
The above is not true.

Our center is running a full operation tomorrow. Drivers are working for hours only---no one was allowed to request their 8. The center manager wants us to come in, get the work done and go home.

There are a couple of drivers who plan on getting their 8 whether the volume justifies it or not.
Do you have any stewards in the BoG because this is comedy gold. Read your contract and then laugh when your center manager continues to make up all his own rules. If you're forced to report for a shift you're entitled to your guarantee. He can't make up his own rules. I'm not sure how he has brainwashed all of you to believe he can make his own rules that contradict your rights as spelled out in the contract. If you don't insist on getting/protecting your contractual rights then you deserve what you get.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular

It's unfortunate than X-Files is off the air, you could write scripts for them since you see conspiracy everywhere. :overreactsmiley:[/quote]
The slight possibility of getting an $11/h PT job is not exactly what I would call "getting things in order for a divorce."...lol.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
Man everyone sucks at quoting today
23714.png

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Do you have any stewards in the BoG because this is comedy gold. Read your contract and then laugh when your center manager continues to make up all his own rules. If you're forced to report for a shift you're entitled to your guarantee. He can't make up his own rules. I'm not sure how he has brainwashed all of you to believe he can make his own rules that contradict your rights as spelled out in the contract. If you don't insist on getting/protecting your contractual rights then you deserve what you get.

We were specifically told this morning during the PCM that the cutoff was 7.5 hours. Our DIADs had 05 for the paycode. I worked for 5.5 hours.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
We were specifically told this morning during the PCM that the cutoff was 7.5 hours. Our DIADs had 05 for the paycode. I worked for 5.5 hours.
Did you read what I wrote? They can tell you the sky is pink. If what they say goes against your contract, it is null and void. Why am I explaining this to someone with your years of service?