Tom

UPSGUY72

pst 72. there have been instances were the union people brought ice picks.....just so's you know.

but the gunfight is not where we beat them. we beat them in the arena of integrity and honesty, values and honor. i dont want paid more than i earn, but i do want paid what i earn.

where as ups management, and it seems at all levels, like to play games with time cards and work

d

+1

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
tie, the issue is not one package every once in a while,

it is stops that ups picks up by the trailer full with management drivers. its stops where air drivers like confused beg are talked into making by sups, then told to be quiet about so as to be a team player, and not raise eyebrows. its management delivering packages out of package cars and personal vehicles on a day to day basis, so much so that they are working against osha regs by driving with packages in the car.

and the real problem exists that for too long, the union has looked the other way, while you have "emergencies" that you planned for last week.

there is no excuse for the willful violation of the contract by ups. at all levels.

I think my focus is fine , you just dont like where I'm lookin.....:)
yup, as usual, you are looking the other way:happy2:

d

Integrity

Binge Poster
LOL just what we need a speech from the integrity nazi when real people are having a discussion.

Integrity insetad of speech why don't you tell brown eyed girl exactly what she should do when that customer hands her that pacakge?
Dear tieguy,
I'll give it a try.
If Brown_Eyed_Girl is handed a package by a customer she needs to find out if the regular driver has been there. If not, she should politely notify the customer that the regular driver will be by to get it. She should as a courtesy notify the center about this package. If the regular driver has already been there then she should make service on this pickup.
Sincerely,
I

tieguy

Banned
I don't care about the other companies. I work for[-]UPS[/-] Place company name here and the union has a contract with[-] UPS[/-] Place company name here. If management just followed the contract instead of doing what ever it takes to make their NUMBERS we wouldn't have to file some many greivances .

I'm sure its the same thing they said at all those trucking companies that went out of business. Not trying to play the death card here but I do think that inflexible mindset has contributed to the decline of union companies.

You guys clearly love filing the grievances and battling with management. Many employees don't like it and they are not all scared as you try to make them out to be.

Your union has never spoken for the guy or girl that wants to do their job and have a good relationship with the company.

Your union has to encourage disloyalty in order to keep its position.

tieguy

Banned
Dear tieguy,
I'll give it a try.
If Brown_Eyed_Girl is handed a package by a customer she needs to find out if the regular driver has been there. If not, she should politely notify the customer that the regular driver will be by to get it. She should as a courtesy notify the center about this package. If the regular driver has already been there then she should make service on this pickup.
Sincerely,
I

And you think politely refusing the package will keep that customers loyalty? Bout what I thought you would say.
Your answer lacks integrity.

By the way you're responding on a message board. You're not writing a letter or speech therefore the "dear" is not required.

What if the regular driver has been there. Should she now tell the customer he has to wait for another ground driver or wait while she calls the center to get guidance?

UPSGUY72

I'm sure its the same thing they said at all those trucking companies that went out of business. Not trying to play the death card here but I do think that inflexible mindset has contributed to the decline of union companies.

You might want to check on why they went out of business. It's not the union it is the way management choose to run the company.

You guys clearly love filing the grievances and battling with management. Many employees don't like it and they are not all scared as you try to make them out to be.

These are the employees that give the union a bad name.

Your union has never spoken for the guy or girl that wants to do their job and have a good relationship with the company.

I want to do my job and have a good relationship with the company. However management sometimes chooses to change the rules as they see fit and that's not right.

Your union has to encourage disloyalty in order to keep its position.

Wrong the union has encourage enforcement of rules in order to keep a level playing field.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Dear tieguy,
I'll give it a try.
Sincerely,

If BEG is making an air delivery and is asked to take a ground package she should take it, say thank you and be on her way. Doing what you suggested is counterproductive and does not promote good customer service. Being asked to take 70 packages is a whole 'nother story.

Integrity

Binge Poster
And you think politely refusing the package will keep that customers loyalty? Bout what I thought you would say.
Your answer lacks integrity.

By the way you're responding on a message board. You're not writing a letter or speech therefore the "dear" is not required.

What if the regular driver has been there. Should she now tell the customer he has to wait for another ground driver or wait while she calls the center to get guidance?

tieguy,
I didn't suggest refusing the package. I suggested she politely ensure the customer how service would be made by the regular driver. If the regular driver has been there, as I posted, she should make service on this pickup.
Sincerely,
I

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
Being asked to take 70 packages is a whole 'nother story.
being told to pick up the package by a sup, makes it a whole nother story. and the coverups that follow.......and the changin story, both by management and beg

i, you are being drawn into a what if. this is not a what if conversation. so either way, you have lost the conversation. not that i really care, mind you

d

tieguy

Banned
tie, the issue is not one package every once in a while,

it is stops that ups picks up by the trailer full with management drivers. its stops where air drivers like confused beg are talked into making by sups, then told to be quiet about so as to be a team player, and not raise eyebrows. its management delivering packages out of package cars and personal vehicles on a day to day basis, so much so that they are working against osha regs by driving with packages in the car.

and the real problem exists that for too long, the union has looked the other way, while you have "emergencies" that you planned for last week.

there is no excuse for the willful violation of the contract by ups. at all levels.

yup, as usual, you are looking the other way:happy2:

d

Danny it did look like she said it was one package. She then got beat up pretty good by others here.

I guess my question is that if you have people that actively and creatively try to generate grievances that maybe go beyond the intended scope of the contract shouldn't she be able to decide the other way and decide that there was no violation?

Look at jonesy response. Pretty ****ty for one package. You guys do what you want but you're ignoring the members that don't want to come to work and fight every day. I think you're strangling your own union.

Integrity

Binge Poster
LOL just what we need a speech from the integrity nazi when real people are having a discussion.

Integrity insetad of speech why don't you tell brown eyed girl exactly what she should do when that customer hands her that pacakge?

If BEG is making an air delivery and is asked to take a ground package she should take it, say thank you and be on her way. Doing what you suggested is counterproductive and does not promote good customer service. Being asked to take 70 packages is a whole 'nother story.

UpstateNYUPSer,
I was just trying to apply Article 40 sec 1 of the Master to answer tieguy's question? Are you using other language?
Sincerely,
I

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I am not scared to file a grievance, I just don't believe in them. On occasion, when the regular driver couldn't make a pick-up for some reason, have picked up over 70 pieces of ground because no one else was available. I view it as teamwork.

Someone may call it losing out on a lot of money, but I call it job experience and customer satisfaction.
Does that sound like "one package"?

To the other gentlemen posting about the pick up, please allow me to give details. I ran a route in Mequon which is far from the center. Received a call that the regular driver did not pick up at Factory A. They asked me if I would do this and I said yes. While this is going to upset some people, it saved the company from sending another driver at $28 per hour or whatever and they paid me $13.50 which is my rate, I was already there. A box is still a box and the customer needed it picked up.
I thought there was no other driver available?

Danny it did look like she said it was one package. She then got beat up pretty good by others here.
It didn't look that way to me...

Overpaid Union Thug

This is just another sup whining about unions. Let me just say this......follow the contract and there is nothing to worry about. Why is that so hard for you guys?

For all of you sups out there that at least try and adhere to the contract........great job. I know its hard with numbers happy, spread sheet reading, educated idiots with no common sense bosses breathing down your necks.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
dang tie, you cant stay focused for shnit nor high water, can ya.

this post was about her picking up more than 70 packages, and it happens more than once. when confronted, she mumbled something about the driver missing a pickup, but by her previous post, that was, pretty good guess, made up after the fact to excuse the behavior. just like she did with other posts.

by her other posts, we also understand that she is not interested in upholding her end of the contract, which by default, means that she is less than ethical. and for sure, she has no clue when she is being used.

management told her to pick it up, the reasons given were varied, again, considering the posts, covering up her end of the mess.

so management is intentionally violating the contract on a regular basis, in this case, and in others.

jonesy i dont control. while he and i have our differences, the basics here are the same. you want us to be honest and ethical in our dealings with ups, but you dont have a problem being dishonest with us. in fact, its a game of hide and seek to you. and you wonder about our attitude????

but yet you want to stay focused on the little ole gal who gets an air delivered and has a package ready for ups to pick up.

ok, since you refuse to stay in the real world of how bad you were beaten on the relevant issues, lets play your version.

if management did not abuse the situation, i would have no problem if the air driver picked up ground here and there. none what so ever. see, stuff happens. to all of us. so the non planned delivery of air, and the single piece pickup is not an issue.

but, this is where the problem lies. we look the other way for one package here and there, and look where it leads. to management sending an air driver out to a regular stop to pick up 70 ground packages, and then not having the balls to pay her correctly.

so see where cutting you slack gets us? not only do you abuse the situation, you try to violate the contract for pay, which is a dol issue. you really wanna go there?

I guess my question is that if you have people that actively and creatively try to generate grievances that maybe go beyond the intended scope of the contract shouldn't she be able to decide the other way and decide that there was no violation?
going beyond the scope? what the heck?

in the grievance procedure, you have a panel that decides what the intended scope was meant to be. if the grievance is bogus, it gets dropped. if not, it gets paid.

now, with the second part of that thought, you are getting back to what she felt. that she felt she was not violating the contract, but by several other of her posts, she knew, she was even defiant about it.

it is not her place, especially with the intimidation and "getting labeled" tactics used to allow this poor misguided girl to interpret the contract all by her lonesome.

there was a violation, and clearly so. man up to it man. quit hiding behind her dress.....er .....her browns........well you know, just man up!

d

tieguy

Banned
tieguy,
I didn't suggest refusing the package. I suggested she politely ensure the customer how service would be made by the regular driver. If the regular driver has been there, as I posted, she should make service on this pickup.
Sincerely,
I

Integrity I don't see how your answer would lead to anything but her politely refusing the package. At the least the customer will know that there is something wrong with that driver taking that package. At that point we are no better then fdx and their 5 drivers a day service. Integrity my friend is a double edged sword.